Where are the files (project checked out from server)
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:34
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Nov 20, 2019

Hello everyone

I'm working on a project that was checked out from a server. The middleman client now needs the files to have them checked by another team, outside of the normal workflow. The PM is asking me to "send the files", but where (on my computer) are those files? They don't seem to be anywhere (I used Voidtools Everything to search for a file name).

I work on those files by exporting them to MQXLIFF and then updating from the the MQXLIFF file again, but I thi
... See more
Hello everyone

I'm working on a project that was checked out from a server. The middleman client now needs the files to have them checked by another team, outside of the normal workflow. The PM is asking me to "send the files", but where (on my computer) are those files? They don't seem to be anywhere (I used Voidtools Everything to search for a file name).

I work on those files by exporting them to MQXLIFF and then updating from the the MQXLIFF file again, but I think the PM wants the original file that is open in MemoQ, and not some kind of intermediary export file.

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:34
English to Russian
Export bilingual files Nov 21, 2019

The files should be in the folder, assigned to them when you checked out the project (usually the folder with your project name inside the 'My MemoQ projects' folder), but there are a lot of files with different names (that's why you cannot find them) in internal MemoQ format (unsuitable for export) in that folder. The main project file there is DocumentData.sdf.
You can export bilingual files instead, for example in 2-columns RTF format.

Peter van der Hoek
Peter van der Hoek
Spain
Local time: 12:34
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Next to the search box Nov 22, 2019

If not all projects are shown it usually means the setting of which projects to show has been changed.
Next to the search box in your MemoQ dashboard you can set the option to "All projects". This should solve the problem, Samuel.

Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where are the files (project checked out from server)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »