https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/342280-export_stored_path_is_greyed_out_how_to_batch_export_multiple_files_to_source_path_folders.html

Export (stored path) is greyed out, how to Batch export multiple files to source path folders
Thread poster: Mary McKee
Mary McKee
Mary McKee  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:03
Spanish to English
Mar 17, 2020

I'm working in MemoQ Translator Pro 8.3.8 and I cannot figure out how to batch export multiple files to their source folders. For some reason, the option for "Export (stored path)" is greyed out. I can't figure out what to do.

I have a client who gives me multiple files to translate in one project, each inside a named folder, sometimes as many as 10 separate folders each containing a single document like this:

Project ABC
Folder 1 > Document X.mqxliff
Folder
... See more
I'm working in MemoQ Translator Pro 8.3.8 and I cannot figure out how to batch export multiple files to their source folders. For some reason, the option for "Export (stored path)" is greyed out. I can't figure out what to do.

I have a client who gives me multiple files to translate in one project, each inside a named folder, sometimes as many as 10 separate folders each containing a single document like this:

Project ABC
Folder 1 > Document X.mqxliff
Folder 2 > Document Y.mqxliff
Folder 3 > Document Z.mqxliff
etc.

I can batch import the documents using "Documents>Import>Import Folder structure" so that I don't have to import each one individually.

But I want to export the target bilingual files back into their respective folders like this:
Document X.mqxliff > Folder 1
Document Y.mqxliff > Folder 2
Document Z.mqxliff > Folder 3

When I select files from the project, the "Documents>Export>Export (stored path)" option is greyed out, and when I and use the function "Export Bilingual" it exports all the files to the same place, meaning I have to manually move them into their appropriate folders for delivery, which is very slow.

HELP PLEASE!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:03
English to Russian
mqxliff is an internal file Mar 18, 2020

You cannot export mqxliff if you didn't get it by importing docx for example.
When you import docx, memoQ creates an mqxliff file. Once you are done with translation, memoQ exports it back to docx.
However, if you import mqxliff, you cannot export it to docx.
As far as I understand from your description, you have plain mqxliff files in your project, not docx. That is why you the Export (stored path) option is greyed out.

Mary McKee
Mary McKee  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:03
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Need to export to mqxliff not docx Mar 19, 2020

Thanks for your reply! I do not need to export to docx, I just want to export to the same mqxliff format as I received from the client, but I want to export multiple files at once, and I want them to be exported to the folders they came from. But can't figure out how.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:03
English to Russian
I do understand what you want. Mar 19, 2020

However mqxliff is a plain bilingual format. That is why 'Export Bilingual' is the only available option for it. Mqxliff files do not contain metadata as required to enable all other export options.
With this option, you cannot instruct memoQ to export your files to their relevant folders.
'Change export path' is also available but it is applicable to original formats only. This means 'Change export path' is only effective when 'Export (stored path)' is active. Since 'Export (stored
... See more
However mqxliff is a plain bilingual format. That is why 'Export Bilingual' is the only available option for it. Mqxliff files do not contain metadata as required to enable all other export options.
With this option, you cannot instruct memoQ to export your files to their relevant folders.
'Change export path' is also available but it is applicable to original formats only. This means 'Change export path' is only effective when 'Export (stored path)' is active. Since 'Export (stored path)' is not active = greyed out, 'Change export path' is either useless for you. Thus, Export Bilingual is the only available option.

[Edited at 2020-03-19 20:44 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export (stored path) is greyed out, how to Batch export multiple files to source path folders

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »