Eva Delacoute
Eva Delacoute  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:49
English to French
+ ...
Jan 14, 2021

Hello,
I'm desperately trying to hide auto-propagated segments/repetitions when I am proofreading a file. I don't want to see the segments with green arrows pointing down, only the first occurrence of a segment. Is there a way to do that?
I can't seem to do it using the filter, or maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Create a View Jan 14, 2021

There are options to discard reps.
If you change a rep in a view, I don't think the change is autopropagated in the main file, but you may be able to update reps quickly afterwards creating another view with only reps and sorting alphabetically. Or with the QA feature (inconsistent translation detected).

Philippe

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:49
English to Russian
Create view Jan 14, 2021

Right click on your file, select Create view, go to Advanced options, give it a name, check the 'Minimum frequency' box with value 1 and uncheck the 'Keep duplicates'. This will give you non-reps and first occurrence reps only.
However, in this mode, if you make edits anywhere in the first occurrences, they will not apply to the hidden rep segments (second, third, etc.).

[Edited at 2021-01-14 20:06 GMT]

Eva Delacoute
Eva Delacoute  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot for the tip Jan 15, 2021

That is what I thought, thank you both for confirming.
What a shame though, it would be so useful to have a filter to hide Reps/Context matches exactly like Trados Studio!

Eric Schwartz
Eric Schwartz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Spanish to English
Proposal for this change in memoQ Users' Idea Portal - you can vote for it Oct 5, 2022

Hi, I just found this thread. But I proposed a change along the same lines to the memoQ Users' Idea Portal recently.
MemoQ users can sign in (same user name and password as you normally use in memoQ) and vote for it here:
https://ideas.memoq.com/ideas/PUBL-I-554
So far, it only has my one vote, but they have been pretty good with researching proposals that get more votes, if th
... See more
Hi, I just found this thread. But I proposed a change along the same lines to the memoQ Users' Idea Portal recently.
MemoQ users can sign in (same user name and password as you normally use in memoQ) and vote for it here:
https://ideas.memoq.com/ideas/PUBL-I-554
So far, it only has my one vote, but they have been pretty good with researching proposals that get more votes, if the proposal did get more votes.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hide auto-propagated segments/repetitions in a memoQ file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »