Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:46
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 18, 2019

Hello

I cooperate with other translators in a MemSource project, and some of those translators are in a location with intermittent internet access. In my tests, it takes MemSource Editor about 5 minutes to realise that internet access has been restored after it has been restored, so if the internet connection is truly intermittent, MemSource Editor would rarely get any hits from the TM and TB.

Is it possible for MemSource Editor to connect to the TM and TB offline? (ev
... See more
Hello

I cooperate with other translators in a MemSource project, and some of those translators are in a location with intermittent internet access. In my tests, it takes MemSource Editor about 5 minutes to realise that internet access has been restored after it has been restored, so if the internet connection is truly intermittent, MemSource Editor would rarely get any hits from the TM and TB.

Is it possible for MemSource Editor to connect to the TM and TB offline? (even if it can only be synchronised once a day or so)

Particularly TB access is really important for us (and the TB isn't updated more than once every few days anyway).

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

David Kis
David Kis
Hungary
Local time: 16:46
Desktop Editor offline usage Mar 25, 2019

Hi Samuel,

Basically, it is possible to work with intermittent internet access in the Desktop Editor but you will have limited functionality. To see matches from TB/TM not possible when you are offline.

Please read more here: https://help.memsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003462051-Translating-Offline

Hope this helps.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Offline TB and TM

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »