Thread poster: Kimberly Balanca
Kimberly Balanca
Kimberly Balanca
Canada
Local time: 16:31
French to English
Feb 10, 2011

Hello,

I am working on a localization project at the moment for a university class and would like to know if anyone had the going rate for translations from French to Inuktitut. Also, what would you charge per word for a French to English translation?

Thank you for your help!

Therrien
Therrien  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:31
English to French
+ ...
I don't know about Inuktitut but... Feb 11, 2011

You can see the average rates in PROZ here for French/English : http://search.proz.com/employers/rates

I can imagine Inuktitut to be very pricy; its very very localized (Northern Quebec, Nunavut) and has a limited clientele. I'd throw 0.16 CAD + on the table for a college student rate. Much more for the professional.

Best:

Alexandre

umakulkarni
umakulkarni
India
Local time: 02:01
Member (1970)
English to Hindi
+ ...
@ Kimberly Dec 30, 2019

Hi Kimberly, did you get any Inuktitut translators?

I too require a native Inuktitut to help me out with a couple of translations.

Would appreciate if anyone could refer.

Thanks

Uma

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate for French to Inuktitut and French to English

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »