Thread poster: José Manuel Miana
José Manuel Miana
José Manuel Miana  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 29, 2019

Good evening, I have just started an automotive-related technical data translation gig on Fiverr, and I'm trying to find a decent rate to charge for it to attract some customers.
What I intend to do is to take advantage of my knowledge on the field and translate workshop manuals, brochures, software or anything related to the automotive business.

So. Do you have an idea of how much to charge per word approximately? Or what services to offer besides translation?

Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
List of rates Dec 29, 2019

Hello, and welcome to ProZ.com.
I hope you have a happy and prosperous 2020; however, I should mention that when I myself started offering my services, it was six months before I was getting jobs on a steady basis.
If you explore this site carefully, you can get an overview of what other translators are offering and what clients are looking for. Here is the link to the page containing
... See more
Hello, and welcome to ProZ.com.
I hope you have a happy and prosperous 2020; however, I should mention that when I myself started offering my services, it was six months before I was getting jobs on a steady basis.
If you explore this site carefully, you can get an overview of what other translators are offering and what clients are looking for. Here is the link to the page containing the average rates charged (by language pair). https://search.proz.com/?sp=pfe/rates
Collapse

José Manuel Miana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much to charge for an automotive translation gig in Fiverr

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »