Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Off topic: What do you see from your window? (Post a pic)
Thread poster: Gianni Pastore
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:43
Member (2008)
Italian to English
You'll just have to imagine it. Apr 20, 2015

Because it's too much of a hassle for me to even think about posting an image here (in 2015 we just drag the image and drop it into the post) I won't be showing you the stupendous outlook from my beautiful London flat. But here's a pic that you can v... See more
Because it's too much of a hassle for me to even think about posting an image here (in 2015 we just drag the image and drop it into the post) I won't be showing you the stupendous outlook from my beautiful London flat. But here's a pic that you can view online. I live at the far end.

http://www.architecture.com/Explore/Stories/Assets/Images/RunJumpShootAlexandraRoad/RunJumpShootAlexandraRoad_IMG_9219_1269x548px.jpg

But I'd also be interested in knowing what others can HEAR from where they sit and work. I hear human voices: the local kids playing outside, plus a "gang" of bigger kids (a football team) who hang around at the end of the day, chatting. Lovely. There a very soft "whoosh" of passing traffic, in the background, and the occasional police helicopter. Every few minutes a train goes by. I like trains and the sound of them doesn't bother me.

[Edited at 2015-04-20 17:15 GMT]
Collapse

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
It's easy! ^_^ Apr 20, 2015

neilmac wrote:

Gianni Pastore wrote:

To post a picture: subscribe to an image host provider (i.e.: photobucket), upload the image, copy the IMG Code and paste it in your message here on Proz. Here's mine, taken from the studio balcony in the back of the flat. Quite relaxing view, I have to admit! (Camera: Fuji FinePix S5600)

Sounds easy enough, however, I don't know where to find the IMG code. I have Picasa installed on my PC (don't blame me, it came with the package). I have the JPG located on my PC, but don't know what the IMG code is or where to find it.

The easiest way to do it is through Photobucket.com. Once you upload the image there, it will actually give you the code so that you can embed the image anywhere you want.

Option B is to put the image online somewhere, right click on it and choose the "copy image URL" option, then use the tag < img src= "then paste the URL of the image that you want." Make sure to include the quotation marks! At the end, you will want to add the end of the tag, which is just />.

Sorry for all the edits, it kept trying to use my example as an image!
 photo 5496261_orig_zpswj2bsebk.gif

[Edited at 2015-04-20 17:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-04-20 17:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-04-20 17:59 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-04-20 18:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-04-20 18:01 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-04-20 21:21 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
No it isn't Apr 20, 2015

That isn't easy. It might have been with DOS in about 1994....

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
DOS in 94 Apr 20, 2015

Tom in London wrote:

That isn't easy. It might have been with DOS in about 1994....

I was 7 in 1994, I only knew how to get to my video games ^_^

Photobucket.com really is the simplest way to do it, and it's free.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Yes but... Apr 21, 2015

Gianni Pastore wrote:

Hello all! Your nosey fellow translator need to take a short break and so would like to know what do you actually see from your workplace window. Post a pic, if you want to!

To post a picture: subscribe to an image host provider (i.e.: photobucket), upload the image, copy the IMG Code and paste it in your message here on Proz. Here's mine, taken from the studio balcony in the back of the flat. Quite relaxing view, I have to admit! (Camera: Fuji FinePix S5600)

Yes - it's just a pity that you seem to have taken this photograph during an earthquake.

Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:43
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Earthquake? Apr 21, 2015

Tom in London wrote:

Yes - it's just a pity that you seem to have taken this photograph during an earthquake.

What do you mean?

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Tilt Apr 21, 2015

Gianni Pastore wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

What do you mean?

Everything is tilting dangerously to the right !

Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Apr 21, 2015

Tom in London wrote:

Everything is tilting dangerously to the right !

No, it's not. House's corner is perfectly aligned with the vertical white axis.

[Edited at 2015-04-21 13:47 GMT]

freezone (X)
freezone (X)
United Arab Emirates
view from my window Nov 9, 2017

Currently I'm seeing our the other building so I feel like posting it. But once we transferred to a new flat, our view will the lagoon and dates park. I call it dates park because it got a lot of dates tree haha.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
What I see from my work desk (if I turn away from the computer screen) Nov 10, 2017

wrtwer

Nikolaki
Nikolaki  Identity Verified
France
French to English
The view from the chair Nov 10, 2017

… when I turn 90° to the right.

It's what keeps me going, frankly.

(The gin, that is, not the untamed wilderness outside).

expressisverbis

Nikolaki
Nikolaki  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Please Mr Music Nov 10, 2017

Hello Tom - a very dynamic, architecturally constructed view, with those parallel angles… but I can't help wondering about the music stand.

Looks too high for guitar, too low for flute… are you, dare I ask, a secret player of the euphonium ?

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Frame ... Nov 10, 2017

... Tom, I've been trying to figure out what the white/grey metal frame is beside the window, but can't come up with anything. Is it just me, and it's laughably obvious?

[Edited at 2017-11-10 13:24 GMT]

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Not exactly the view from my window, but... Nov 10, 2017

My "office" near Alicante, circa 2006.

Fun times, when Trados was a set of macros in MS Word that crashed every 10-15 minutes...

Photo-0012

Photo-0013

expressisverbis

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Tizio Nov 10, 2017

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

... Tom, I've been trying to figure out what the white/grey metal frame is beside the window, but can't come up with anything. Is it just me, and it's laughably obvious?

[Edited at 2017-11-10 13:24 GMT]

It's one of these: http://bit.ly/2AsaizJ

With a base unit.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What do you see from your window? (Post a pic)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »