Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:08
English to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 6, 2015

I was happily using ASAP Utilities on my old computer running Windows XP+Office 2003/2007. Now I bought a new laptop, and using Windows 10 and Office 2016, both 64-bit.

Now I see that it was a mistake to install 64-bit of Office as
- I don't edit huge Office files, and
- ASAP Utilities do not work on 64-bit Office

Well, if I cannot find a similar (and preferably free) tool, I will go back to Office 32-bit. But I still hope there may be a good alternative to
... See more
I was happily using ASAP Utilities on my old computer running Windows XP+Office 2003/2007. Now I bought a new laptop, and using Windows 10 and Office 2016, both 64-bit.

Well, if I cannot find a similar (and preferably free) tool, I will go back to Office 32-bit. But I still hope there may be a good alternative to ASAP Utilities.
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:08
Finnish to French
Revert to 32-bit Office Dec 7, 2015

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Well, if I cannot find a similar (and preferably free) tool, I will go back to Office 32-bit.

This is probably the most reasonable option, especially since many other VBA applications don’t work in 64-bit Office.
Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
But I still hope there may be a good alternative to ASAP Utilities.

Just out of curiosity: what do you use ASAP Utilities for in the first place?

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Kutools for Excel Dec 7, 2015

Try Kutools for Excel. It's not worse than ASAP Utilities and it supports 64-bit systems.
I've been using Kutools for Excel for over a year and I am happy with it.

www.extendoffice.com/download/kutools-for-excel.html

There's also another alternative, which is AbleBits Ultimate Suite for Excel that offers 40+ professional tools.
... See more
Try Kutools for Excel. It's not worse than ASAP Utilities and it supports 64-bit systems.

There's also another alternative, which is AbleBits Ultimate Suite for Excel that offers 40+ professional tools.

www.ablebits.com/excel-suite/index-2016.php
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Purposes of ASAP Utilities Dec 7, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

ASAP Utilities can be used for editing Excel sheets. For instance, I use it for editing tmx files. Of course, you can edit a tmx TM in Olifant or Heartsome TMX Editor but with Excel tools you can do way more. For example, you can sort data, select data as you need. You can select certain rows, not necessarily in the right order, and then move the rows to another sheet, or you can change text to UPPER case, delete leading and trailing spaces, delete some leading or trailing characters and much more. Cleaning large TMs becomes a breeze.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Dec 7, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Well, if I cannot find a similar (and preferably free) tool, I will go back to Office 32-bit.

This is probably the most reasonable option, especially since many other VBA applications don’t work in 64-bit Office.

Reverting to 32-bit is an option, but the risk of data loss or settings in Outlook makes me hesitate. If I uninstall Office completely I will have to make account settings once again, which I am not comfortable with. Besides, I am not sure if my Outlook pst file (currently 64 bit) will cause a problem or not.

99%, if not all, of my projects come in Excel format, and ASAP tools is a time saver for me. Sure, I use only a few functions in ASAP Utilities.

Andrey Yasharov wrote:

www.ablebits.com/excel-suite/index-2016.php

Thanks, both Kutools and AbleBits look like good alternatives, full with features. I will first try Kutools.

Susmith Sudarsanan
Susmith Sudarsanan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 14:38
Member (2008)
English to Malayalam
+ ...
Is it possible to edit a TMX file using ASAP Utilites? Oct 15, 2018

@Selcuk Akyuz Is it possible to edit a TMX using ASAP utilities? What are the procedures involved? Is it possible to retain the properties of TMX file after the editing?

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ASAP Utilities is a set of macros Oct 15, 2018

Hi Susmith,

If you are an advanced user of Excel you may not need ASAP Utilities (which is a set of macros for Excel). Excel alone will be sufficient for many operations. But I am not a power user of Excel and therefore ASAP Utilities helps me a lot.

I rarely use Excel to edit my TMX files, in many cases Notepad+ is sufficient for me. But as Andriy Yasharov mentioned Excel+ASAP Utilities is good for many tasks.

Andriy Yasharov wrote:

ASAP Utilities can be used for editing Excel sheets. For instance, I use it for editing tmx files. Of course, you can edit a tmx TM in Olifant or Heartsome TMX Editor but with Excel tools you can do way more. For example, you can sort data, select data as you need. You can select certain rows, not necessarily in the right order, and then move the rows to another sheet, or you can change text to UPPER case, delete leading and trailing spaces, delete some leading or trailing characters and much more. Cleaning large TMs becomes a breeze.

Patrick Arbaut
Patrick Arbaut
Argentina
Local time: 06:08
English to French
+ ...
Works on 64-bits machines (at least since September 25, 2018) Apr 5, 2020

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Well, if I cannot find a similar (and preferably free) tool, I will go back to Office 32-bit. But I still hope there may be a good alternative to ASAP Utilities.

Seems to work on a 64-bits flavour of Windows/Office :
https://www.asap-utilities.com/faq-questions-answers-detail.php?m=125

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

alternatives to ASAP Utilities for 64-bit Excel

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »