OmegaT: how to edit html tag variables in a xml (typo3 localisation manager xml)
Thread poster: GeorgHg
GeorgHg
GeorgHg
Germany
Sep 27, 2017

Hello,

I use OmegaT to translate website content, wich includes links in html format. The links are interpreted as formatting tags by OmegaT, but I have to change the variables inside the tag.

The site is made with typo3, the source files obtained per export with the localization manager (l10nmgr).
The only solution I found so far is to edit the links either with notepad or in typo3 directly, both options are time consuming.

Is it possible to show th
... See more
Hello,

I use OmegaT to translate website content, wich includes links in html format. The links are interpreted as formatting tags by OmegaT, but I have to change the variables inside the tag.

The site is made with typo3, the source files obtained per export with the localization manager (l10nmgr).
The only solution I found so far is to edit the links either with notepad or in typo3 directly, both options are time consuming.

Is it possible to show the tags as they are in the source document?

Is it possible to edit the tags manually?

Is there a plug-in to edit the tags?

Thanks.
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:51
English to French
+ ...
Display tags is easy, edit them is not Sep 27, 2017

GeorgHg wrote:

Is it possible to show the tags as they are in the source document?

Yes.
Just hover on the tag with the mouse. A tooltip will display the tag content.

Is it possible to edit the tags manually?

No.

Is there a plug-in to edit the tags?

One solution would be to use a different filter to translate the XML files. Instead of using the l10nmgr filter provided by OmegaT, you could use the generic XML filter from Okapi: http://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=Okapi_Filters_Plugin_for_OmegaT

With that filter, you could use ITS to describe the parts to translate, including the links:
http://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=XML_Filter

Didier

GeorgHg
GeorgHg
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Sep 28, 2017

OmegaT can't open l10nmgr xml with the normal xml filter sadly.
I guess I can change the attribute of the links during the last proofing on the website.

Georg

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:51
English to French
+ ...
It can Sep 28, 2017

GeorgHg wrote:
OmegaT can't open l10nmgr xml with the normal xml filter sadly.

If by "normal", you mean the Okapi XML filter, it can. (Unless the file is not well-formed XML, but, in that case, OmegaT couldn't open it either.) It just has to be configured.
I suggest you ask for help in the Okapi user group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/okapitools/info

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

OmegaT: how to edit html tag variables in a xml (typo3 localisation manager xml)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »