Thread poster: Nina Halperin
Nina Halperin
Nina Halperin  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 18:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2020

Sorry for asking so many OmegaT 4.3.2 questions today. This will hopefully be the last for now. I was watching the following YouTube tutorial about creating a centralized TM and glossary folder that can be applied to all translations on the same topic or for the same client: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrnDugOu3RY. I did wha... See more
Sorry for asking so many OmegaT 4.3.2 questions today. This will hopefully be the last for now. I was watching the following YouTube tutorial about creating a centralized TM and glossary folder that can be applied to all translations on the same topic or for the same client: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrnDugOu3RY. I did what was explained, but even though it says under "Properties" that the TM for this project is going into the centralized folder, when I uploaded the same source document as a separate project to see if matches came up from that first project, there were no matches. There were only matches from the TMs of other projects that I had copied and pasted manually into the centralized TM folder. However, the glossary was working correctly and I did see glossary entries from that first project appear in the second project.

When I went into Finder and opened up the centralized glossary folder, I saw that the individual glossaries from these two new projects were included, without me having pasted them there manually. That is why the glossary entries from the first project were appearing in the second project with the same source document. However, within the centralized TM folder, the TMs of the two new projects were not included; the only TMs included were those that I had copied and pasted manually into the folder. After I clicked on "Create current translated document," I did see that the individual translation memories of each project appeared in the folder of each respective project, but not in the centralized TM folder. Why is that happening? Thanks for the help!
Collapse

Marina Herrera
Marina Herrera
United States
Local time: 19:03
French to English
+ ...
TM's not showing up Jul 21, 2020

Nina, it could be as simple as the number of tm segments you have selected as the number to load. Check preferences/editor/ and see the number of segments you have enabled. Increase it accordingly, 2/3/4/6 thousands. That may solve your problem.

Nina Halperin
Peru
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It didn't work unfortunately Jul 22, 2020

Marina, I really appreciate your suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. I didn't think it would be a question of the number of segments enabled anyway, because the other TMs in the centralized TM folder were from projects that I had only done a small part of, just to practice using OmegaT for different formats. Therefore the number of segments would not have exceeded 2000. Thanks in any case!

Nina Halperin
Peru
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Other suggestions? Jul 25, 2020

Does anyone else happen to have ideas on how to successfully use a centralized TM folder? Thank you!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Creation of a centralized TM to use for translations on the same topic

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »