Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: What % of your freelance income goes to your rent or mortgage (home/office space)?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:30
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Only an American would ask Dec 15, 2020

Christopher Wallace wrote:

I moved to the UK a year ago and I was spending about 10% of my freelance income on rent. But I want to buy a house soon so I'm not sure yet how much it will be. I opened this old thread to find out more about other's experience

We don't talk about money in this country, dear boy. (Spoken in an Alec Guinness tone of voice).

Christopher Wallace
WS McCallum

kecen guo
kecen guo
Australia
Local time: 09:00
English to Chinese
+ ...
35% of my income goes to rent Jul 28, 2021

35% of my income goes to rent. and another 25-40% goes to my save for a downpayment.

Nadine Michelle Ducca
Nadine Michelle Ducca  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:30
Member (2021)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nothing... Jul 28, 2021

New freelancer here. Started on June 1, so it'll soon be two months.

I live with my husband in his apartment, which is mortgage-free. I also have my own apartment, but my mother lives there and insists on paying the mortgage (I've talked to her many times, but she's adamant). If I had to pay it... It would be about 10% of my income at this moment. Considering I don't have any other big expenses (car is paid off, etc.), I'm really lucky and can focus on building my business! Before f
... See more
New freelancer here. Started on June 1, so it'll soon be two months.

I live with my husband in his apartment, which is mortgage-free. I also have my own apartment, but my mother lives there and insists on paying the mortgage (I've talked to her many times, but she's adamant). If I had to pay it... It would be about 10% of my income at this moment. Considering I don't have any other big expenses (car is paid off, etc.), I'm really lucky and can focus on building my business! Before freelancing, my mortgage represented around 25% of my salary.
Collapse

Mortgage Nov 26, 2021

I think you could really pay off the mortgage, as 10% of your salary is a perfect result. And in the end, your children will get this apartment, so I suggest you consider it an investment for the future. By the way, if you're still not in the mood to pay off this mortgage now, suggest that your mom do it through a reverse mortgage. If she fits the ... See more
I think you could really pay off the mortgage, as 10% of your salary is a perfect result. And in the end, your children will get this apartment, so I suggest you consider it an investment for the future. By the way, if you're still not in the mood to pay off this mortgage now, suggest that your mom do it through a reverse mortgage. If she fits the reverse mortgage qualifications and requirements, that would be the solution. That's how my dad paid off part of our big house by including his old apartment in the reverse mortgage.Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What % of your freelance income goes to your rent or mortgage (home/office space)?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »