https://heb.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/339895-poll_have_you_made_any_professional_%22new_years_resolutions%22_for_yourself_for_the_coming_year.html

Poll: Have you made any professional "New Year's resolutions" for yourself for the coming year?
מפרסם התגובה: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 13:21
צוות האתר
Dec 27, 2019

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you made any professional "New Year's resolutions" for yourself for the coming year?".

View the poll results »

Christina Pauly  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:21
חבר (2008)
מאנגלית לגרמנית
+ ...
My New Year's resolution Dec 27, 2019

Getting rid of all the "hesitantly" paying clients.

Antonio Leggieri
Diana Casoliba Bonache

Teresa Borges
פורטוגל
Local time: 21:21
חבר (2007)
מאנגלית לפורטוגזית
+ ...
No Dec 27, 2019

I don't make any resolution for the New Year; my resolutions are made throughout the year when the need arises.

Antonio Leggieri
Sumaiya Nishat
Ian Keith Jones Williams
Josephine Cassar
Cheemanum
Iwona Budzynska MCIL
Pascale van Kempen-Herlant

Antonio Leggieri
איטליה
חבר (2017)
מסינית לאיטלקית
+ ...
Oh Yeah! Dec 27, 2019

Christina Pauly wrote:

Getting rid of all the "hesitantly" paying clients.

I couldn't agree more, Christina!

Thayenga  Identity Verified
גרמניה
חבר (2009)
מאנגלית לגרמנית
+ ...
No Dec 27, 2019

Why make any resolutions that are, based on experience, meant to fall along the way anyway? Decisions should be made at any time necessary, and not just because a new year is about to start for westerners.

Still, I wish everybody who actually is celebrating it next week, an early Happy 2020!

Kaisa I
Philip Lees

Márcio Clemente  Identity Verified
פורטוגל
Local time: 21:21
חבר (2013)
מאנגלית לפורטוגזית
+ ...
Definitely Dec 27, 2019

Will diversify into more sources of income and invest more into my business (unrelated to translation).

Luximar Arenas Petty
Oksana Weiss

José Manuel Miana  Identity Verified
ספרד
חבר (2019)
מאנגלית לספרדית
+ ...

Posted via
ProZ.com Mobile

Oh, yes Dec 28, 2019

My new year's professional resolution is to be able to make a living with translation.

Diana Casoliba Bonache

Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
ארצות הברית
Local time: 13:21
חבר (2003)
מספרדית לאנגלית
+ ...
Yes Dec 28, 2019

My resolution has been the same for several years running - namely, to focus on work that rewards me intellectually and financially. By repeating this resolution each year, I strengthen my resolve.

Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
ברזיל
Local time: 17:21
חבר (2014)
מאנגלית לפורטוגזית
+ ...
Very Funny Dec 28, 2019

It's very funny to make new year's resolutions, above all if you didn't make any important resolutions throughought the year. Resolutions are made whenever they are required, not on specific dates.

Ferdinand de Saussure

Guofei_LIN  Identity Verified
אוסטרליה
Local time: 06:21
סינית
That was my resolution 6 years ago. Jan 1

José Manuel Miana wrote:

My new year's professional resolution is to be able to make a living with translation.

That was my resolution about 6 years ago. Having failed in that resolution, my new resolution, made around March/April 2019, is to leave the translation industry but continue to indulge in my passion for language learning. It's much easier to keep to this resolution.

SteveMcD  Identity Verified
חבר (2012)
מגרמנית לאנגלית
No resolutions Jan 5

The only New Year's resolution I've ever kept was to never make another New Year's resolution. That was about 30 years ago.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

מנהלי פורום זה
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you made any professional "New Year's resolutions" for yourself for the coming year?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »