Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: Have you had to postpone/cancel recent travel plans for work or for leisure?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Mar 13, 2020

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you had to postpone/cancel recent travel plans for work or for leisure?".

View the poll results »

Benson Nambuchi

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 12:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not yet, but... Mar 13, 2020

I had originally pencilled in going to look after my mother in June while my daughter is away, but these plans might change now.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:55
Member (2008)
Italian to English
No Mar 13, 2020

ProZ.com Staff wrote:

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you had to postpone/cancel recent travel plans for work or for leisure?"

No.

Robin LEPLUMEY
Robin LEPLUMEY
France
English to French
+ ...
Not travel Mar 13, 2020

Not travel, but I wanted to attend a concert next week which has been cancelled. I also have tickets for a stand-up show next month and I'm afraid it will be cancelled or postponed too

Things are getting crazy here in France...

Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Yetta Jensen Bogarde  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
No Mar 13, 2020

but several local activities have been cancelled or postponed

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Mar 13, 2020

I had no travel plans, but I was invited to a big party next Saturday and it was cancelled.

Angus Stewart
Angus Stewart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
No Mar 13, 2020

Not yet, but I travel around my country each weekend when I am not working and I may have to curtail my future plans if travel restrictions are put in place as has happened in Italy. One of my working languages is Italian and I have noticed a decline in work volumes due to the shut down.

Anja Hajek
Anja Hajek  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
Italian to German
+ ...
Yes, as we are completely locked Mar 13, 2020

I live in Italy and since last Monday I can leave my home only with a self-declaration to buy necessary food or for health reasons - no more leisure activities or friends - it's just a terrible situation that hopefully will end soon.

Angie Garbarino
Noni Gilbert Riley
expressisverbis

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
3 for Corona Virus Mar 13, 2020

I am now in Italy

Justin Peterson
Justin Peterson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
Advised to Stay at Home Mar 13, 2020

Authorities are encouraging madrileños to stay AT HOME. Any mass events are out of the question. Streets empty. Surreal. Scary. We are trapped at home. Situation is disturbing.

Josephine Cassar
Fatine Echenique
expressisverbis

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Yes Mar 13, 2020

I intended to spend next weekend in Prague, but visitors from Germany are presently not allowed to enter the country due to coming from a dangerous environment regarding the corona virus. Hopefully this pandemic will end soon.

Romina Pérez Escorihuela
Romina Pérez Escorihuela  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:55
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Work and leisure: coronavirus outbreak Mar 13, 2020

I was hired to work in a 2-day conference by the end on March in the Argentine province of Mendoza, 1200 km away from home, and it was postponed until further notice due to preventive measures.... and we were also planning to travel somewhere with nice beaches between May and June, but we are seriously thinking about postponing those holidays or to simply enjoy them by staying at home playing with our 2-year-old son and our dog...

Victor Donkov
Victor Donkov
Local time: 13:55
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Yes Mar 13, 2020

The Bulgarian government has announced that conferences should be cancelled. I had to be involved in two. On top of that I had a whole week of interpreting abroad postponed.

IrinaN

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:55
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I may have to Mar 13, 2020

I started planning and paying a trip do Macchu Picchu more than a year ago. The trip was supposed to be in August. Now, I can't make plans anymore. Will have to wait until June or July to see how the situation is devloping and probably reschedule it.

Josephine Cassar

ipv
ipv
Member (2015)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Yes Mar 13, 2020

My plan was to spend Easter holidays in Italy Who could have imagined?! To all in Italy: Stay safe, healthy and keep the faith. Andrà tutto bene

expressisverbis
Kay Denney
Christine Andersen

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you had to postpone/cancel recent travel plans for work or for leisure?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »