Iryna Oziumenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 11:25
Member (2009)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Dec 3, 2020

Hi,

I received orders for MTPE (English-Russian) of general news, Twitter messages, etc. from three different agencies, and it is a bit odd that the subject and volume are the same. Has anyone received such emails? Do you have any thoughts, is it ok or am I too cautious?

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 10:25
French to Italian
+ ...
Machine learning Dec 3, 2020

Hi Irene,
I was offered in the past a similar task. Some companies training MT engines have large dataset of tweets and news that they divide into batches of similar volumes. So there is nothing suspicious in my opinion. Just a boring job

Iryna Oziumenko
Iryna Oziumenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 11:25
Member (2009)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I feel relieved:) Dec 3, 2020

Elena Feriani wrote:

Hi Irene,
I was offered in the past a similar task. Some companies training MT engines have large dataset of tweets and news that they divide into batches of similar volumes. So there is nothing suspicious in my opinion. Just a boring job

Hi Elena,

Thank you for reply and sharing that information!

Elena Feriani

Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 10:25
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
All of them trying to get the job done Dec 3, 2020

Irene Ozyumenko wrote:

Hi,

I received orders for MTPE (English-Russian) of general news, Twitter messages, etc. from three different agencies, and it is a bit odd that the subject and volume are the same. Has anyone received such emails? Do you have any thoughts, is it ok or am I too cautious?

All of them have probably been contacted by the same end client, and now try to get it done.

Iryna Oziumenko
Elena Feriani
Kevin Fulton
Recep Kurt
Adieu

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Bids for something? Jan 7, 2021

Different agencies bidding on batches of MT training, propaganda work, or news aggregation for analysts or intelligence agencies

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Order for MTPE from 3 different agencies, same volume, same subject

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »