Aida Carrazco  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:52
Member (2018)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 26, 2018

Hello!

I'm going to study a certification in translation - probably, interpretation as well-.

I'm considering UMass, USC and U of Arizona. It will be an online course.

Have you studied in any of these universities? Which course do you think would be the best one?

Thanks!!!!

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Probably Jul 26, 2018

Aida, some of my colleagues graduated from many unis--including ones in question--or completed distance and online courses a while ago, yet as far as you've got some 12y+ hands-on exp both as an English/French-Spanish translator and interpreter in technical, medical, and business fields, I can't help wondering...

You didn't name specific criteria for degrees/certificates or courses/specializations at accredited schools or whether it's just about free online educational courses and n
... See more
Aida, some of my colleagues graduated from many unis--including ones in question--or completed distance and online courses a while ago, yet as far as you've got some 12y+ hands-on exp both as an English/French-Spanish translator and interpreter in technical, medical, and business fields, I can't help wondering...

You didn't name specific criteria for degrees/certificates or courses/specializations at accredited schools or whether it's just about free online educational courses and new fields, so no specific answer.

First, at the moment you seem not sure WHY you might need something and WHAT FOR exactly, making the choice too wide and vague.

Second, although some comments on the institutions/organizations may be of help, they are about the PAST and INDIVIDUAL exp, not yours, making it but rather subjective and outdated response-produced cues.

Perhaps, you could share what you would like, what your needs and priorities?

[Edited at 2018-07-26 18:00 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

University of San Diego vs. University of Arizona

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »