Dip Trans course: Susanne James vs Linguist Training
Thread poster: Pratik Bhattacharya
Pratik Bhattacharya
Pratik Bhattacharya
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:45
German to English
Feb 16, 2020

I am currently taking the introductory course with Susanne James Associates. I am happy with the contents and guidance, and I'm planning to take the Dip Trans course next, but while searching for exam centres I came across this course:
https://www.linguisttraining.com/allcourses/diptransfull

The course appears to have a lot more contents than the Susanne James c
... See more
I am currently taking the introductory course with Susanne James Associates. I am happy with the contents and guidance, and I'm planning to take the Dip Trans course next, but while searching for exam centres I came across this course:
https://www.linguisttraining.com/allcourses/diptransfull

The course appears to have a lot more contents than the Susanne James course, but of course quantity does not necessarily mean quality. Is there anyone here who's taken the Linguist Training course, and would you like to share your experience?

I did a search but didn't find any reviews.
Collapse

Arren Sagar
Arren Sagar
Spain
Local time: 07:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Very suspicious website Jul 23, 2021

I was looking for info about the same site, linguisttraining.com, when I found this thread. In the same search, I found that the award they claim to have won doesn't list them among its winners, and that there are still zero reviews of the courses anywhere trustworthy. It's a shame, I really want a 200 euro entry-level translation qualification.

Lauri Walsh
Lauri Walsh
United Kingdom
We're not suspicious. :-D Aug 25, 2022

Hi!

I just noticed this thread so thought I would clear up any misunderstanding - hope that's okay.

We did win the Nuffield Trophy for Best Group Entry from the CIoL. If you look at the 'past winners' section you will see 'Talking Heads', as we used to be called Talking Heads Linguist Training. We changed the name to linguisttraining.com when we became a Ltd company in our own right.

We have loads of trustworthy reviews. We get them from various sources (
... See more
Hi!

I just noticed this thread so thought I would clear up any misunderstanding - hope that's okay.

We did win the Nuffield Trophy for Best Group Entry from the CIoL. If you look at the 'past winners' section you will see 'Talking Heads', as we used to be called Talking Heads Linguist Training. We changed the name to linguisttraining.com when we became a Ltd company in our own right.

We have loads of trustworthy reviews. We get them from various sources (Squares, Thinkific, eMagister) and I'm not sure how to get more 'trustworthy' ones, as the ones we have are directly from our students. If you can help with this it would be great - what review platform do you trust?

We are a small, family firm who are passionate about languages - our students mean a lot to us. They get excellent exam results and our courses are really very good. We put a lot of effort into them - and we are a registered CIoL exam centre.

It's a shame that we aren't giving off that impression.

Lauri
Collapse

Arren Sagar
Arren Sagar
Spain
Local time: 07:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sorry! Aug 25, 2022

I jumped to conclusions with the award thing, I'm sorry! I must be a bit jaded from having seen too many scams out there, so the slightest incongruity starts to look like a trick. I certainly don't want to feed into the idea that only the giants are trustworthy. Consider my uninformed opinion retracted, and all the best with the small business!

Jorge Payan

Lauri Walsh
Lauri Walsh
United Kingdom
I totally understand! Nov 24, 2022

Thank you for your reply - I do appreciate it.We have updated our site to make it clear - your opinion did help us, thank you.

Out of interest, what Feedback sites do you trust? Feefo? Trustpilot, etc?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dip Trans course: Susanne James vs Linguist Training

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »