New jobs list has different content?
Thread poster: Daniel Olsson
Daniel Olsson
Daniel Olsson  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:47
SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 10, 2020

Hi,

I have been answering to some offers in the jobs list these last few days, and I noticed that I see a completely different selection of job offers if I go into the old version, vs. if I use the version that is marked as "new" in the menu. I thought it was just a different layout. The search criteria are the same in both cases, I've checked: "my languages" and "my fields". Yet none of the adds are the same.

I thought the new jobs listing was just a cosmetic update
... See more
Hi,

I have been answering to some offers in the jobs list these last few days, and I noticed that I see a completely different selection of job offers if I go into the old version, vs. if I use the version that is marked as "new" in the menu. I thought it was just a different layout. The search criteria are the same in both cases, I've checked: "my languages" and "my fields". Yet none of the adds are the same.

I thought the new jobs listing was just a cosmetic update (graphic design), not a different search engine. Or is it just that I don't understand how they work? Is the new job listing also a new database?

Most importantly: Do I have to look in both lists to see all relevant offers?

Sorry for the confusion, but I am (confused). Maybe I am just stupid *(not first time! haha!) I would be very grateful for any explanation of how the listings work (the old and the new) and how we are supposed to use them.

I apologize if this has already been addressed somewhere on the forum. I've search and didn't find anything. But if it is already explained somewhere, moderators, please redirect me!

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
--------------------
to clarify - what I see in old listing:
Screenshot 2020-07-10 16.38.35

If I click here:
Screenshot 2020-07-10 16.38.43

I get this:
Screenshot 2020-07-10 16.39.34
Collapse

expressisverbis
Aline Amorim
Elena Feriani
Morano El-Kholy
Olga Sushytska

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 10:47
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A different experience Jul 14, 2020

Daniel, I am not a frequent user/applicant of this jobs list.
Now, it seems that when I open that page I can see the jobs posted in the new version only (and I am positive sure I am currently using the old version of the website).
I have experienced the same issue as you before, but now I am facing this different experience... or it is just me, maybe I am confused or dummy too.
Some guidance here would be very useful and also appreciated, to help all the members who check jobs
... See more
Daniel, I am not a frequent user/applicant of this jobs list.
Now, it seems that when I open that page I can see the jobs posted in the new version only (and I am positive sure I am currently using the old version of the website).
I have experienced the same issue as you before, but now I am facing this different experience... or it is just me, maybe I am confused or dummy too.
Some guidance here would be very useful and also appreciated, to help all the members who check jobs posting section and apply to those jobs.
Many thanks, Proz Team!
Collapse

Olga Sushytska
Olga Sushytska  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 12:47
Member (2019)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
I have noticed this on several occasions Jul 15, 2020

Hi Daniel,
I have noticed this some time ago, too. The search criteria are the same in both cases, but the old version shows some jobs that do not appear on the new one.

Here's an example from today:
new version:
new

old version:
old

But since applying through job board has never brought me a single client, I didn't bother to report this bug.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New jobs list has different content?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »