Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Tea Komšić
Tea Komšić  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 09:43
English to Croatian
+ ...
Great Apr 11, 2020

As a PRO member who already has access to CafeTran, I must say that this is a nice way to help. I do not regret that I have payed for the PRO membership, I have been planning to do so for a long time, but this will maybe give a chance for other translator to get to know how CafeTran works, and is it worth it. Anyway, it is good that Proz.com is trying to help in the way they can

Andrew Morris
Sheila Wilson
Elisa Butler
MollyRose

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
OT Apr 11, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:
If you received an e-mail about this CafeTran deal, it is because you have subscribed yourself to receiving such notifications. ProZ.com did not send an e-mail about this to everybody. No-one forced you to subscribe to notifications from the "Translator Co-op" subforum.

I didn’t and I haven’t 👍

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:43
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Tutorial? Apr 11, 2020

I am one of those who cannot afford a CAT tool, and shall be trying this out - but is there a tutorial I can follow? I assume the free package will be for the duration of Covid-19, what happens after that? How much is a licence?
As mentioned, I need a tutorial. And also I need work, so that when the free offer ends I shall be able to buy a licence.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
GIYF Apr 11, 2020

Official knowledge base (as mentionned earlier in this thread, there is a Getting Started section): https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions

Licensing options (+ there is always an unlimited version available with the ProZ.com Plus membership, past the epidemic period):
... See more
Official knowledge base (as mentionned earlier in this thread, there is a Getting Started section): https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions

Licensing options (+ there is always an unlimited version available with the ProZ.com Plus membership, past the epidemic period): https://www.cafetran.com/get-cafetran/

Disclaimer: CafeTran can't make coffee nor fetch work…

[Edited at 2020-04-11 14:18 GMT]
Collapse

Andrew Morris

Elisa Butler
Elisa Butler  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:43
French to English
CafeTran download Apr 12, 2020

Thank you very much! I've wanted to start using a CAT tool but there are so many out there to figure out - this will be a great way to start!

Kamila Ołtarzewska
Roberta Broccoletti

Kamila Ołtarzewska
Kamila Ołtarzewska  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Thank you! Apr 12, 2020

What an Easter surprise! I assume you aren't going to take it back, are you?

Arina Zinoveva
Arina Zinoveva  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:43
Russian to English
+ ...
Problems logging into Proz.com via CafeTran Apr 12, 2020

Thanks a lot for letting us use CafeTran unlimited. I installed it and now exploring it. However, I encountered one issue: when I try to log into Proz.com, CafeTran app is not responding and I have to force quit it. I tried several times - the same thing happens. Any ideas on how I can fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Arina

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Alternative ProZ.com connection Apr 13, 2020

@Arina

Your system may block Java browser pop-up windows. Then, please use the alternative ProZ.com connection method as described in this CafeTran knowledge base article:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000158973-signing-in-to-proz-com-account

Please see the second connect
... See more
@Arina

Your system may block Java browser pop-up windows. Then, please use the alternative ProZ.com connection method as described in this CafeTran knowledge base article:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000158973-signing-in-to-proz-com-account

Please see the second connection method below the video.
Collapse

Fernando Herranz
Fernando Herranz
United States
Local time: 03:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
I love CafeTran but what's up with the choppy graphics buttons? Apr 13, 2020

I enjoy using CafeTran quite a bit and has given me a lot of productivity over these past several months. However, I have to say that after I downloaded the update (from 10.6 to current 10.7.4) and got the PROZ access for COVID19, the new version has these very choppy looking graphic buttons. The text looks fine but those buttons look really bad guys! Is this an update situation or issue?
Otherwise, keep CafeTran chugging along!
Best
Fernando
cafetran_screenshot

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Bad guys Apr 14, 2020

> The text looks fine but those buttons look really bad guys!

You may have increased the scale of display in Windows Display settings, which can cause the choppiness on the icons. If you have a recent update of Windows 10, you can increase the font size of the text elements via Ease of Access Windows settings instead (not by scaling in Display settings). Then, if you wish to change size of CafeTran fonts, please do it through the menu View > Font > User interface. You can also chang
... See more
> The text looks fine but those buttons look really bad guys!

You may have increased the scale of display in Windows Display settings, which can cause the choppiness on the icons. If you have a recent update of Windows 10, you can increase the font size of the text elements via Ease of Access Windows settings instead (not by scaling in Display settings). Then, if you wish to change size of CafeTran fonts, please do it through the menu View > Font > User interface. You can also change the icons color via View > Colors > Icons color.
Collapse

Victoria Kloppenburg
Victoria Kloppenburg  Identity Verified
Argentina
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks! Apr 14, 2020

Hi!
Whether this is an altruistic act or a rather commercial one, I believe it still opens to the opportunity for many people to work with a new CAT Tool that they may have not been able to use otherwise and it still counts as a beneficial experience, so thanks!
On a different note, I would like to be let known when this offer is due so that one is not in the middle of a project when the access is restricted again.

Tom in London
MollyRose

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Avoiding leaving people stuck in the middle of a project Apr 15, 2020

Hi Victoria,

Victoria Kloppenburg wrote:

I would like to be let known when this offer is due so that one is not in the middle of a project when the access is restricted again.

¡Saludos desde La Plata!

The plan is to avoid exactly that sort of thing, so I will be giving people an ample heads-up once the end to the unlimited access is decided.

Jared

MollyRose

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Great offer Apr 15, 2020

And for the "negativos" under us, I only have one message: "Never look a gift horse in the mouth".

Arina Zinoveva
Arina Zinoveva  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
Logging into Proz.com via CafeTran - troubleshoot Apr 16, 2020

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

@Arina

Please see the second connection method below the video.

@Igor

Thanks a lot. I will give it a go.

Sofia Salt
Sofia Salt  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Logging in doesn't upgrade my CafeTran version May 27, 2020

Hi, its this offer still available?
I recently renewed my proz membership after it had expired, so I figured I'd try out CafeTran. However, even after logging into my proz account on it, it still tells me that I am only on the free version and prompts me to buy a licence. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Thanks guys.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran is available to all ProZ.com paying members during Covid-19 pandemic

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »