Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 14:14
Romanian to English
+ ...
Wonderful! Feb 19, 2020

IrinaN wrote:

I got a check!!!

God knows, who from, for the amount I've never earned, from the country I can't find on the map. The good and honest payer on the other end is sleeping tight, knowing that I am an honest person too, which became obvious immediately after I provided him with all my livelihood data on a first email demand. He knows that I shall not eat or sleep before wiring some poor soul 4500 miles away, whose chunk was sent to me by mistake, h/h her honest share; his accountant sleeps even tighter knowing that a) he does not have to mess with stopping the payment, b) the money will be bouncing all over the world after having been handled by a stranger from a foreign country, and, after all, he knows how to enter all this dancing under the stars properly into the books for tax authorities...

But I am a smart and cautions person, I still have my doubts, so I'd better do my due diligence - deposit that pretty check and see what happens...

Mamma mia ...

I love it!

Can you send me the money so I can forward it to the sender 4500 miles away?!? It saves you the trouble!

Best,
lee

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Overpayment scam alert / Fake check

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »