Thread poster: Thomas Pfann
Abraham Abukar
Abraham Abukar  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:29
Member (2005)
English to Somali
+ ...
Different name, this time, from: Samantha "Sam" Goldman <[email protected]> Jun 13, 2019

The email I received reads:

Hello,
Thanks for the prompt response to my text message. I am happy that you want to be a part of this project. Find attached the document to be translated.
However, could you let me know how much you charge per page / source word for the whole document translation. Take a look at it and give me a price quote. We have​ approximately 4 weeks to get it ready. The submission date is 15th of July,2019.

Please be aware that payme
... See more
The email I received reads:

Hello,
Thanks for the prompt response to my text message. I am happy that you want to be a part of this project. Find attached the document to be translated.
However, could you let me know how much you charge per page / source word for the whole document translation. Take a look at it and give me a price quote. We have​ approximately 4 weeks to get it ready. The submission date is 15th of July,2019.

Please be aware that payments will be made by Bank certified checks Or cashier checks depending on your preference. You'd be paid 50% upfront and the rest on completion.

I await the price quote so I can send it to my sponsor to issue payment asap.

Best Regards,
Samantha
614-664-6905
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Lucile Bousquet

Lucile Bousquet
Lucile Bousquet
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Same message received today August 9 Aug 9, 2019

Someone under the name of Samantha Goldman tried to scam me too with the same offer!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: "Facebook foreign language", Roy Nicolas

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »