Taghi Bigdeli
Taghi Bigdeli  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:45
English to French
+ ...
Feb 12, 2019

Hi,

Just wanted to tell all freelancers not to accept projects from Anita Smith, pretending to work for Aabam Traducciones, with a false e-mail: [email protected].

First, she sent me a short translation test. Didn't sound fishy at first, having searched for the company and googled "Anita Smith Aabam Traducciones scam", and found nothing.

However, she (or "he") kept on trying to c
... See more
Hi,

Just wanted to tell all freelancers not to accept projects from Anita Smith, pretending to work for Aabam Traducciones, with a false e-mail: [email protected].

First, she sent me a short translation test. Didn't sound fishy at first, having searched for the company and googled "Anita Smith Aabam Traducciones scam", and found nothing.

However, she (or "he") kept on trying to convince me to work on other projects later on, that I refused.

I've called the general headquarters of Aabam Traducciones in Madrid, and they told me that many freelancers had already filled in complaints about her.

Hopefully, apart from this short translation test, I did not work for her and hope this would prevent some of you to do so.

Taghi BIGDELI
Freelance Translator EN/ES>FR
Collapse

Siyeon Choi
Yolanda Broad
Helen Blair

Petra dos Santos Lopes Dias
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:45
Czech to Portuguese
+ ...
Also caught in the scam Mar 7, 2019

Hello,

I´ve got caught in the scam as well.
When I called the company in Madrid, they don´t care at all about their comapny name being used in a scam, they don´t even want to talk about it or explain anything, they don´t advice on their company´s website to warn pepole... they don´t care.

United Kingdom
Local time: 18:45
Czech to Portuguese
+ ...
Another email address linked to the scam: Mar 13, 2019

[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beware - Scam: Anita Smith, pretending to work for Aabam Traducciones

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »