Italy
Local time: 08:24
English to Italian
+ ...
Same scam tried with me yesterday by werner fritz/martin ziegler. Apr 10, 2020

Self-explanatory.

Through a job posting on upwork.

Upwork doesn't check anything.

Bravo to both the scammer(s) and Upwork!

Eleni Dracoulacou
Eleni Dracoulacou
Greece
Local time: 09:24
Greek to English
+ ...
They have returned May 27, 2020

I was contacted now by someone named Yannik Funchs. He also claimed that he represente Lionbridge.
Be careful people!

Fatma Triki
Fatma Triki
Cambodia
scam by lionbridge representative Jul 24, 2020

hey guys i got the same thing but the guy actually send me a receipt through transfer wise I stated clearly I'm not purchasing any software until I receive the money but I wanted to know if anyone had the same thing a bank receipt ?

ckanit

Andrea Ferrer
Andrea Ferrer
Venezuela
Local time: 03:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Lionbridge scam - Leo Achas Jul 27, 2020

Same modus operandi still happening at Guru.com. Offers from individuals located in India and Germany offer long term jobs to people that can translate Spanish, French and German. In my case I received a google docs file saying I had been selected for a Lionbridge and Listverse project, from a supposed Lionbridge employer called Leo Achas. He provided his email ([email protected]), that looked legitimate at the time, and asked to be contacted through Skype using that address.

... See more
Same modus operandi still happening at Guru.com. Offers from individuals located in India and Germany offer long term jobs to people that can translate Spanish, French and German. In my case I received a google docs file saying I had been selected for a Lionbridge and Listverse project, from a supposed Lionbridge employer called Leo Achas. He provided his email ([email protected]), that looked legitimate at the time, and asked to be contacted through Skype using that address.

In Skype, he sent a file explaining the job with a contract in it, that also seemed legitimate. The contract stated that they would make an advance payment including marketing software fees. That "Software" is called Denoriv (Denoriv.tk) and it's nowhere to be found online besides that website.

Then he sends a screenshot of a bank transfer for the amount that was stipulated. Weirdest thing about all is I received an email from [email protected] confirming I was selected, and even assignating me an employee ID.

They insist they have to train you in order to use the software through a Teamviewer call, but only after you purchase it, costing around 150 euros paid via Payeer or Advcash.

Be aware right now of guru.com as I just found more than 10 job offers with similar characteristics still posted.
Collapse

ckanit
ckanit
Panama
Same Jul 27, 2020

Fatma Triki wrote:

hey guys i got the same thing but the guy actually send me a receipt through transfer wise I stated clearly I'm not purchasing any software until I receive the money but I wanted to know if anyone had the same thing a bank receipt ?

Same here. I don't know what to do.

Andrea Ferrer
Andrea Ferrer
Venezuela
Local time: 03:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
It's a scam Jul 27, 2020

ckanit wrote:

Fatma Triki wrote:

Same here. I don't know what to do.

Absolutely do not reveal any further information. It's a fake bank receipt, and they use fake email software to spoof.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: Rohan Singh, pretending to work for Lionbridge

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »