Vicky wu  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 02:01
Member (2020)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
May 27, 2020

Hi,

Does anybody has ever worked with this company? I received their project via ProZ notification but there is no LWA on Blue Board, also they are using Gmail account which is [email protected] for contact method. The project is a huge one, so I think it's better for me to confirm beforehand. Thank you.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:01
German to English
Potential fraud May 28, 2020

A quick Google check indicates a company called "Global Translation Equipment", which apparently supplies equipment for interpreters. However they do not provide en e-mail address on the web page which is a subset of a marketing company. No serious contact details such as telephone number are provided. Exercise caution!

Jorge Payan
Vicky wu
Adam Warren

Vicky wu
Indonesia
Member (2020)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 28, 2020

Thank you, Kevin. I find it suspicious too, without signing NDA, PO, they just directly ask me to do the translation. Guess I did the right thing to ask here first.

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:01
Member (2005)
French to English
Their English is rickety in a number of instances May 28, 2020

So their claim to apply a "rigid" [sic] quality policy rings somewhat hollow. I would steer clear of them, Vicky. And I hope sounder opportunities come your way soon. Keep well, and in good heart.

Vicky wu
Indonesia
Member (2020)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks IanDhu May 28, 2020

Thank you for the insight, IanDhu. They did not reply to my email anymore since I confront them. I always believed there will be another opportunity for me. May God richly bless us all. Stay safe.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GTE, Global Translation Equipment

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »