nikwist (X)
nikwist (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:11
English to French
+ ...
Jul 23, 2014

Hi.

I'm on a project using SDL Trados Studio SP1, and after completion, I ran the QA check [F8], which ended with this only error:
An error has occurred while opening external DTD 'file:///C:/Users/x230/AppData/Local/Temp/g4hxdcbk.ir3/pslXMLExportImport.dtd': Could not find file 'C:\Users\x230\AppData\Local\Temp\g4hxdcbk.ir3\pslXMLExportImport.dtd'.

It's the only time it happened to me. It usually goes without any trouble. By the way, I reinstalled the software an
... See more
Hi.

I'm on a project using SDL Trados Studio SP1, and after completion, I ran the QA check [F8], which ended with this only error:
An error has occurred while opening external DTD 'file:///C:/Users/x230/AppData/Local/Temp/g4hxdcbk.ir3/pslXMLExportImport.dtd': Could not find file 'C:\Users\x230\AppData\Local\Temp\g4hxdcbk.ir3\pslXMLExportImport.dtd'.

It's the only time it happened to me. It usually goes without any trouble. By the way, I reinstalled the software and that didn't change anything.

Do anyone have an idea of the reason it occurred and how it can be fixed?

Thanks
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Do you have this DTD? Jul 23, 2014

Are you verifying the XML against a DTD as part of the QA check? This is unlikely to be a problem for the translation... maybe it's simply that you don't have the DTD referred to in the XML file and you have the "Perform schema validation when verifying translation" checked.

If this is the case you could always uncheck this option in the Validation node of your XML filetype.

Regards

Paul

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
DTD not found Jan 14, 2015

I also have this problem. Why is the DTD search made in the TEMP directory (I have entered the named DTD in Options: Dependency Schemas and DTDS)? Is there no solution or is this a bug?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
What DTD is being called... Jan 14, 2015

... by the file you have in Studio? If the path to the DTD (the path in the XML itself) refers to a location where nothing is found this could cause such an error.

Regards

Paul

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
Missing DTD Jun 6, 2020

I am returning to this problem and have looked at the error message in more detail.
The path specified in the message has the form:
'C:\Users\Rudd\AppData\Local\Temp\1cy2sysq.kvv\Tms.dtd'
where the folder name, such as 1cy2sysq.kvv, seems to be generated by the Studio Verifier (it is different for each verification run).
The entry in the XML is SYSTEM "Tms.dtd"
Is there some way to tell Studio to look in a specific folder?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error while verifying a file on Trados 2014

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »