Pagemaker/Story Collector/Trados
Thread poster: Rosie O'Hara
Rosie O'Hara
Rosie O'Hara
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:02
German to English
May 28, 2002

Am using Trados Freelance 5.5 and Pagemaker and want to use Story Collector, everything is installed and works otherwise, but I now have some files which just won\'t let themselves be collected by Story Collector.

Can anyone help me please?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:02
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which version of PageMaker? May 30, 2002

As you do not state, which version of PM you are using, I assume it is PM 6.5

I didn´t encouter such a problem yet with PM, but I had some problems with reimporting translated files into PM 6.5

But the same files work just fine in Pagemaker 7.0

Perhaps you have a possibility to go for PM 7.0 and try the export there.

If this is not possible or does not work, so your only chance IMHO is to go to each page, select the whole text, copy it and paste into Word
... See more
As you do not state, which version of PM you are using, I assume it is PM 6.5

I didn´t encouter such a problem yet with PM, but I had some problems with reimporting translated files into PM 6.5

But the same files work just fine in Pagemaker 7.0

Perhaps you have a possibility to go for PM 7.0 and try the export there.

If this is not possible or does not work, so your only chance IMHO is to go to each page, select the whole text, copy it and paste into Word, translate there and then paste it back. It is not a good solution, but without any further information I can´t think of something better, because as it seems the PM files you are trying to translate are corrupted.

Jerzy

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-30 19:33 ]
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 11:02
German to English
+ ...
PM Story Collector Jun 27, 2002

Hi,

often there are problems in the PM file structure.

Sometimes you can solve this by save them in an older version and get them back to PM 6.5

Sometimes there are problems with corrupted frames or graphics. In this case you can devide the PM file and maybe you can localise the page with the problem.

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pagemaker/Story Collector/Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »