Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:03
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
Apr 8, 2020

Hi!

Since I shifted to Windows 10 Pro the issues with Mutliterm 2019 started. When trying to open a termbase a get the message: "Termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsuported version of Multiterm", which is absolutely not true. Neither can I create a termbase. From the SDL Knowledge Base I know that the OneDrive sync may be causing the problem. So I uninstalled OneDrive. But it didn't fix the issue. Can please someone help me!!

Thank you in ad
... See more
Hi!

Since I shifted to Windows 10 Pro the issues with Mutliterm 2019 started. When trying to open a termbase a get the message: "Termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsuported version of Multiterm", which is absolutely not true. Neither can I create a termbase. From the SDL Knowledge Base I know that the OneDrive sync may be causing the problem. So I uninstalled OneDrive. But it didn't fix the issue. Can please someone help me!!

Thank you in advance!

Maria
Collapse

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:03
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
I found another KB article on this subject Apr 8, 2020

Hello Maria,

I also found another KB article on this subject, which tells us that this error would occur if the name or path contained a semi-colon.

Here is the link:
... See more
Hello Maria,

I also found another KB article on this subject, which tells us that this error would occur if the name or path contained a semi-colon.

Here is the link:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=Error-messages-using-termbases-that-contain-a-semi-colon-in-termbase-name-or-folder-path

Maybe you could have a look at this and see if it helps?
Collapse

Maria Popova
Bulgaria
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately it doesn't help Apr 9, 2020

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my topic. Unfortunately there's nothing wrong with the names or paths of my termbases as they opened without any problems when running on Windows 7. The issue is definitely caused by the OneDrive. I already uninstalled the thing but there's still something causing the issue. I paid a 3 month SDL support and maintenance. I hope that they will solve the issue. Thank you once again!

Cheers,

Maria

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:03
English to Russian
Rename folders Apr 9, 2020

I had this issue on Windows7, MultiTerm 2017, with no OneDrive installed. But I used a third-party converter (WfConverter.exe) to convert sdltb to csv and then back to a new termbase.

Another option to try is renaming the following folders by adding _old for example. Studio and MultiTerm should be closed when doing that.

C:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm15 => rename to MultiTerm15_old
C:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0 => rename to 15.0.0.0_old
... See more
I had this issue on Windows7, MultiTerm 2017, with no OneDrive installed. But I used a third-party converter (WfConverter.exe) to convert sdltb to csv and then back to a new termbase.

Another option to try is renaming the following folders by adding _old for example. Studio and MultiTerm should be closed when doing that.

C:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm15 => rename to MultiTerm15_old
C:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0 => rename to 15.0.0.0_old
C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm15 => rename to MultiTerm15_old
C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0 => rename to 15.0.0.0_old

According to SDL support, this issue relates to installation and no fee is required for them to fix it (https://bit.ly/3e6fopO).

[Edited at 2020-04-09 12:54 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Popova
Bulgaria
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
I've already paid the support Apr 10, 2020

Thank you, Stepan, for taking your time to reply to my topic. I've already paid a 3 month support. So I hope to have the issue fixed very soon. Cheers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2019 cannot open nor create any termbase

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »