Thread poster: Bülent Avcı
Bülent Avcı
Bülent Avcı
Türkiye
Local time: 17:53
English to Turkish
+ ...
May 18, 2020

In SDL Trados 2015, when I try to save the project file as ms word, the program saves in source language. Is there a solution?

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Hi Bülent, May 18, 2020

Is there an image in your source? If yes, remove it from the file before creating the project. You can re-import it later on, after finalising the word file.

Yaotl Altan
Aline Amorim

Bülent Avcı
Bülent Avcı
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 18, 2020

Thank you. The file has a company logo in each page. I have completed translation. I will remove the picture but do I have to enter the target segments again one by one?

Ekaterina Kroumova
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Well... May 18, 2020

If you have used a translation memory, you can attach it to the new project you will create - it should fill in all (or most of) the segments. However, I doubt that the culprit is the logo; is your file an OCR-ed one (that is, transformed from PDF to Word)?

Bülent Avcı
Bülent Avcı
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it is ok now May 18, 2020

Yes when I removed the images (logo on each page) it worked. I can now save the project as an ms word file in target language. The source file is not an OCR-ed one.

I have prepared a new project with the source file without the images and the translation memory has filled in nearly all the segments.

Thank you very much

Ekaterina Kroumova
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Good May 18, 2020

Good! I'm glad this helped.

Aline Amorim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Target is saved in source language in ms word

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »