TM management: batch edit without changing TU date
Thread poster: translateLT
translateLT
translateLT  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 18:53
English to Lithuanian
Jun 4, 2020

I have a large TM with old TU entries where every letter is surrounded with a tag. I want to clean it up but leave TU modification date intact since these are still old and unreliable entries. Is it possible to do it with Trados? Currently, I rely on editing TMX file with REGEX which is cumbersome.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Heartsome Jun 4, 2020

You can download a tmx editing tool from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/15tz6sdr1ibp6s7/AADNAUCxKleoM1IZVqGbrUOga
Select a version that fits your system best (choose one with _JRE ending).
Once installed, open your tmx with Heartsome, go to Edit => Delete All Tags, then just save your tmx.

translateLT
translateLT  Identity Verified
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 5, 2020

Thank you, I will give it a go and report my findings

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM management: batch edit without changing TU date

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »