Brent Sørensen
Brent Sørensen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:03
Member (2016)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 26, 2020

Whenever I work on a larger document with a lot of table cells, Trados drags to a halt, and I usually have to restart this.

My computer is fairly new, and I don’t have this problem with pure text documents.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem. I apologise if this has been asked before.

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:03
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
TM? Nov 29, 2020

I have never had a problem with a document with many table cells but are you using a big (like 25MB) translation memory?
I have found that that can slow Trados down a lot when you confirm segments.
The solution is to go to
Options>Editor>Automation
and uncheck
Perform lookup when active segment changes
Enable LookAhead
Update translation memory

You can still look up the TM manually with ctrl shift T and update the TM manually und
... See more
I have never had a problem with a document with many table cells but are you using a big (like 25MB) translation memory?
I have found that that can slow Trados down a lot when you confirm segments.
The solution is to go to
Options>Editor>Automation
and uncheck
Perform lookup when active segment changes
Enable LookAhead
Update translation memory

You can still look up the TM manually with ctrl shift T and update the TM manually under Batch Tasks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2019 extremely slow when there are many table cells

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »