TRADOS: Error message 33202 \"The mark for starting a subsegment is missing or damaged.\"
Thread poster: Hanna Valenta
Hanna Valenta
Hanna Valenta  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 03:24
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 11, 2002

I cannot get past this error message- I cannot repair the delimitation code because it is a protected tag. My delimitation mark for the subsegment reads: *{1>*

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Flagman is calling Nov 11, 2002

If you click on the Flagman on your tool bar in Word, a Trados menu must appear.

There is an option for unswitching the TAG protection. If you don´t see it at one, so click on the small double arrow in the lowest line of the menu to see all menu positions. Word 2000 hides rarely used menu positions.

After unswitching the TAG protection you must be able to correct/delete TAGs.

Jerzy

Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Switch off Tag Protection Nov 11, 2002

In Word, go to the Trados Menu, the last menu item is Toggle Tag Protection. Choose this menu item and delete or overwrite in the tags as you need. Afterwards do not forget to switch Tag Protection ON. Unfortunately in Word you cannot see, whether Tag Protection is On or Off (Trados for whatever reason didn´t come up with a button like in TagEditor), so it is always better to double check.

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:24
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Have you tried deactivating tag protection? Nov 11, 2002

The Trados menu contains an element (I think it\'s at the very bottom) called \"toggle tag protection\". When you turn tag protection off, you can delete or edit the tags (or any part of the tags), although I\'m not entirely sure why you would want to or have to edit the tags.

Neither am I entirely sure that you can fix the error message by \"repairing\" the tag. Usually, when I get a tag error message, I copy that particular section from the original file into my work file
... See more
The Trados menu contains an element (I think it\'s at the very bottom) called \"toggle tag protection\". When you turn tag protection off, you can delete or edit the tags (or any part of the tags), although I\'m not entirely sure why you would want to or have to edit the tags.

Neither am I entirely sure that you can fix the error message by \"repairing\" the tag. Usually, when I get a tag error message, I copy that particular section from the original file into my work file (grab a couple of sentences above and below for good measure) and run it through Trados again. That generally solves the problem of damaged tags.

Good luck.

Collapse

Hanna Valenta
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And then what...:-)? Nov 11, 2002

Ulrike-

Thanks for the tip! Although when I copy the segments from the original document into my current document that I am translating and the try to open the segment for translation I get the message \"Previous request not yet finished\" in Workbench. Do you simply delete the faulty segment and a couple of segments up and down in the document you are translating and then paste the original segments into that place?

Also- thanks for the tip on toggling protection
... See more
Ulrike-

Thanks for the tip! Although when I copy the segments from the original document into my current document that I am translating and the try to open the segment for translation I get the message \"Previous request not yet finished\" in Workbench. Do you simply delete the faulty segment and a couple of segments up and down in the document you are translating and then paste the original segments into that place?

Also- thanks for the tip on toggling protection on and off. At least that works, but i have not been able to repair the segment yet.

/Hanna

Collapse

Hanna Valenta
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another error message Nov 11, 2002

I also get the error message in word saying that \"Bookmark \'tw4winFrom\' xor \'tw4winUpto\' exists: Use \'Fix document\' from the Trados menu.\" -what does this mean?
[addsig]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Damaged tags Nov 11, 2002

On a general note, you should only try to edit tags if you\'re really sure about what you\'re doing.

Quote:

On 2002-11-11 20:43, Hanna Valenta wrote:

I also get the error message in word saying that \"Bookmark \'tw4winFrom\' xor \'tw4winUpto\' exists: Use \'Fix document\' from the Trados menu.\" -what does this mean?

It means that the tagging structure has been damaged som... See more
On a general note, you should only try to edit tags if you\'re really sure about what you\'re doing.

Quote:

On 2002-11-11 20:43, Hanna Valenta wrote:

It means that the tagging structure has been damaged somewhere in the document (most likely, but not necessarily, in the current segment). This can happen when you attempt to manually fix tags (hence my comment above), or when you edit the target text without displaying the source.

There\'s an item on the \"Trados\" menu that is called \"Fix document\" - use this to repair. ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS: Error message 33202 \"The mark for starting a subsegment is missing or damaged.\"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »