Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
How to translate .AI - Illustrator files using Trados
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
mikem2012
mikem2012
Local time: 03:13
Translating Adobe Illustrator files in Trados Studio Oct 24, 2017

Ute Neumaier wrote:

I have to translation only one file for a client. I don´t have adobe illustrator installed. Checked the the SDL support and they recommend 3 options: 1. AI Text Convert (which does not seem to exist anymore. the SDL support said that they would convert the ai file to xml which trados can work with.) However, did not get any further.
The other two option seem to require to have Adobe Illustrator installed.
I have investigated quite a lot, have also read the last comment in this conversation form MIkem2012, but its gets too technical for me. Sind this conversation has stared some years ago maybe inbetween somebody has an easier solution? Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks Yte

Hello, I think that the best idea is to install Adobe Illustrator, because when you translate the file, you have to make translated *.ai as output file. A workaround just to extract text for translation: If you have Adobe Reader installed, you can open *.ai file just as ordinary pdf and copy-paste any editable text from it e.g. into word table or into text file for translation. But to insert the translation back into *.ai you anyway should have any program that can modify your file to enter your translation back. It can be Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Acrobat Professional which can open *.ai files like Adobe Reader but it can also EDIT the text in your file, although you can only to paste the translated text manually into file. You can export the translated file into Encapsulated Postscript format which can be opened by Illustrator later.

But the installation of Adobe Illustrator is the best option as I've noted.

Sergey Inozemtsev
Sergey Inozemtsev
Local time: 05:13
Russian
Translate Adobe Illustrator (Ai) files Oct 7, 2019

Hello All!
I have this script
https://youtu.be/E1V3QKtvKvs
Run this script and export all text to txt file.
After translated txt file you can import translated text back to Illustartor file and save as pdf file.
Fast and easy! ))
B.R. Sergey

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to translate .AI - Illustrator files using Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »