BeatriceRadi
BeatriceRadi
Italy
Local time: 16:47
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 16, 2018

Hi everyone!

I have used Smartcat for quite a while for translation, but I have now been asked to carry on a post-editing project. I know Smartcat allows you to pre-translated your file by using MT, but I can't find a way to do it.

I've created a new project and under "advanced settings", I cannot select "machine translation" because it says "to use the pretranslation rules, enable 'Use Machine Translation' in the Settings". Does anyone know what that means/or how to f
... See more
Hi everyone!

I have used Smartcat for quite a while for translation, but I have now been asked to carry on a post-editing project. I know Smartcat allows you to pre-translated your file by using MT, but I can't find a way to do it.

I've created a new project and under "advanced settings", I cannot select "machine translation" because it says "to use the pretranslation rules, enable 'Use Machine Translation' in the Settings". Does anyone know what that means/or how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Hee jung Cho

BeatriceRadi
BeatriceRadi
Italy
Local time: 16:47
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anyone? Jul 26, 2018

?

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How do I enable MT on Smartcat?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »