United Kingdom
Local time: 06:24
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
monitor scaling added Feb 22, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

James Plastow wrote:
Aha! Do you have your display scale set to other than 100%? For the script to work your monitor needs to be set to 100% scale. I get the same effect if I set my monitor scale to 150%
You are right. Usually I use 150% scaling and I am well aware of the related misfunctioning issues that may arise from time to time with different applications because of scaling. That is why I switched one of my three monitors to 100% scaling just for testing. It did not help that time.
However now, when I switched my main monitor (other than that I used first time) to 100% either, the script works fine for both monitors.

James Plastow wrote:
If you want to keep your monitor scale, I think this could be fixed by doing boxw:=(endxpos-startxpos-10)/1.5
Thank you for this tip. Will try it.

UPD: Have tried that. Works fine. Great!
UPD2: While testing it all, I recognized how can I use it. It may be real useful. Thank you

[Edited at 2021-02-22 17:04 GMT]

Hi again,

I updated the script (amended version) in my post above with a "monitorscale" variable. Now it should work with any monitor scaling.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:24
English to Russian
@Rolf Keller: Thank you for your support Feb 22, 2021

Rolf Keller wrote:
Stepan Konev wrote:
his script works with any application

You said "The script needs improvment" and "something is wrong with this script", didn't you?

There is no contradiction in these facts: the script works with any application [true] 'AND' the script needs improvement [true for me] 'AND' something is wrong with this script [true for me].
And again, I didn't say it worked incorrectly. I said, by mentioning a missing scrolling feature, that it did not fit my purposes.
However, all the issues now have been resolved. Thank you for your support.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
No need for monitorscale I think Feb 22, 2021

James Plastow wrote:
Hi again,
I updated the script (amended version) in my post above with a "monitorscale" variable. Now it should work with any monitor scaling.
The monitorscale variable doesn't change the behavior for me, but the 1.5 trick works fine. I don't think there are so many people who use scaling other than 100%. Thank you.

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:24
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
change the variable Feb 22, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

James Plastow wrote:
Hi again,
The monitorscale variable doesn't change the behavior for me, but the 1.5 trick works fine. I don't think there are so many people who use scaling other than 100%. Thank you.

It doesn't work automatically, you have to change the variable in the script.

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Perfect! Feb 22, 2021

James Plastow wrote:
It doesn't work automatically, you have to change the variable in the script.
Ah! My bad. Yes, it works fine now.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AutoHotKey Highlighter Pen Tool

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »