Complex Conform and Origination meaning?
Thread poster: Okal
Okal
Okal
Estonia
Sep 29, 2017

Hello to all,

I have experinece translating subtitles, I am working for local companines and are not familiar with the English terminology. Today I got a job offer that contains a few terms I could not find a meaning to when Googling.

They are decribing tasks as:
1. Complex Conform
2. Origination

What could be meant by these? What I usually do and am qualified to do is having a timed template, which I translate to Estonian with the help of the v
... See more
Hello to all,

I have experinece translating subtitles, I am working for local companines and are not familiar with the English terminology. Today I got a job offer that contains a few terms I could not find a meaning to when Googling.

They are decribing tasks as:
1. Complex Conform
2. Origination

What could be meant by these? What I usually do and am qualified to do is having a timed template, which I translate to Estonian with the help of the video file. I don't do time cueing.
Collapse

Amira Abdullah

Nadja Wolf
Nadja Wolf
English to German
+ ...
Complex Conform Nov 8, 2017

Hey Okal!

It's been a while since you posted your question but maybe you still need an answer.

Complex Conform is a rather complicated way of saying: We have an existing subtitle file and need to conform it to the video provided by our client.

As for subtitle origination, I'm not 100 % sure but I guess what is meant by that is the actual process of generarting subtitles as in timing, spotting
... See more
Hey Okal!

It's been a while since you posted your question but maybe you still need an answer.

Complex Conform is a rather complicated way of saying: We have an existing subtitle file and need to conform it to the video provided by our client.

As for subtitle origination, I'm not 100 % sure but I guess what is meant by that is the actual process of generarting subtitles as in timing, spotting, cueing (setting in and out cues). As I understand from your post this is not what you usually do. I'm rather uncertain whether this also includes the translation part.

Hope that helps.
Best,
n*
Collapse

Amira Abdullah
Sylvia Hanna

tekstiabiline
tekstiabiline  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 00:18
Estonian to English
+ ...
Thanks Nov 9, 2017

Thank you!

Amira Abdullah
Amira Abdullah  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 23:18
English to Arabic
+ ...
Complex conform Aug 16, 2019

Nadja Wolf wrote:

Hey Okal!

As for subtitle origination, I'm not 100 % sure but I guess what is meant by that is the actual process of generarting subtitles as in timing, spotting, cueing (setting in and out cues). As I understand from your post this is not what you usually do. I'm rather uncertain whether this also includes the translation part.

Hope that helps.
Best,
n*

Thank you so much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complex Conform and Origination meaning?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »