Thread poster: Markella Makri
Markella Makri
Markella Makri
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
Jul 1, 2019

Hi!

Does anybody know the rates in subtitling from English to Greek per minute and per word in USD?

I am only aware for Greek rates (that sucks big time)

I tried to find out but... Greek is a rare language in subtitling...

Thank you all in advance for your answers.
Markella

[Edited at 2019-07-01 14:29 GMT]

NIKOLITSA KOTSIOPOULOU

NIKOLITSA KOTSIOPOULOU
NIKOLITSA KOTSIOPOULOU

Local time: 05:43
Greek to English
+ ...
Very low rates Feb 12, 2020

Markella Makri wrote:

Hi!

Does anybody know the rates in subtitling from English to Greek per minute and per word in USD?

Markella

Hi,

I get paid 0,60 per minute. I only work with templates.

Thao Nguyen
Thao Nguyen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:43
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
That is less than peanuts Feb 12, 2020

A fair rate would be at least 7EUR per minute video. I have never seen such a low rate. You should ditch the company really. That is really unethical. it usually takes me 3-5 times the length of a video depending on what you're subtitling (there is lots of speaking in documentaries for example). Let's say 1 minute video takes you 5 minutes to subtitle. In an hour, you can only 12 minutes video and you get paid 7.2USD and that is less than the average wage here in the UK. I don't know now you can... See more
A fair rate would be at least 7EUR per minute video. I have never seen such a low rate. You should ditch the company really. That is really unethical. it usually takes me 3-5 times the length of a video depending on what you're subtitling (there is lots of speaking in documentaries for example). Let's say 1 minute video takes you 5 minutes to subtitle. In an hour, you can only 12 minutes video and you get paid 7.2USD and that is less than the average wage here in the UK. I don't know now you can live on doing this. Sorry for being harsh.

NIKOLITSA KOTSIOPOULOU wrote:

Markella Makri wrote:

Hi!

Markella

Hi,

I get paid 0,60 per minute. I only work with templates.

[Edited at 2020-02-12 20:31 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling Rates from English to Greek

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »