Error: The detected target language does not match that expected by the project.
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 15:06
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 28, 2019

Hi experts,

I have Trados Studio 2015. I received a package for translation day before yesterday. I opened it and saw the text. When I tried to open this project today for translation, I saw the following message:

The detected target language does not match that expected by the project.

And when I try to open the file to get rid of this issue, I am shown the following message:

The file cannot be opened as it contains languages that are not c
... See more
Hi experts,

I have Trados Studio 2015. I received a package for translation day before yesterday. I opened it and saw the text. When I tried to open this project today for translation, I saw the following message:

The detected target language does not match that expected by the project.

And when I try to open the file to get rid of this issue, I am shown the following message:

The file cannot be opened as it contains languages that are not configured for this installation.

It is very surprising and annoying at the same time. If there was a mismatch, this sdl xliff file would not have opened day before yesterday.

I need to deliver it by tomorrow. I have tried many things but in vain. Could you please figure out the problem and suggest a solution for it?

Regards,

Chopra
Collapse

Lena Günther
Lena Günther
Germany
Local time: 10:36
German to Russian
+ ...
Had the same stuff Jan 28, 2019

Use MemoQ instead. Has the same problem in Trados 2019 few days ago. I assume it is because new Windows update. Today could work with Trados with no problems.

Or maybe try to copy and save the sdlxliff in the other place and start new projekt.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try to edit the target sdlxliff file with Notepad++ Jan 28, 2019

Search for "source-language=" and "target-language=" in the file. They are almost at the top, so should be easy to find.

Ensure they give the correct language combination and save.

That will hopefully solve the problem for you.

Incidentally Notepad++ is a free utility, and much better than the Notepad version following Windows.

Rajan Chopra

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 15:06
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much Jan 29, 2019

I am grateful to you for suggesting the solution. I have used the ordinary Notepad software which is embedded in Windows ( I have Windows 7). It is still a mystery how I was able to open this file and there was a no mismatch at that time. And I could not open the same project/file after 2 days.

Regards,

Chopra

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Search for "source-language=" and "target-language=" in the file. They are almost at the top, so should be easy to find.

Ensure they give the correct language combination and save.

That will hopefully solve the problem for you.

Incidentally Notepad++ is a free utility, and much better than the Notepad version following Windows.

Roy Oestensen

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Yes, memoQ might be a solution, except ... Jan 29, 2019

Yes, I have no answer to why it suddenly happened.

memoQ would, of course, be a possibility if one has that CAT tool, except that it may be the client may have problems with the project when it is delivered, so I am not sure if that is a satisfactory solution.

Bahadır Ahıska
Bahadır Ahıska
Türkiye
Local time: 12:36
Member (2020)
English to Turkish
+ ...
I have the same problem with HTML files Aug 25, 2020

Dear friends,
I have the same problem with the HTML files in a new project.
When I open the file with Wordpad I see that the assigned source language is wrong and this causes a problem to handle the project with Trados.
How can I correct it and then save the corrected version in HTML format again?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: The detected target language does not match that expected by the project.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »