Thread poster: Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:26
English to German
Jun 26, 2019

Hi there,

When typing in Trados I often suddenly receive the error message "Parameter not valid!" and I am unable to continue. I temporarily resolve this by closing and reopening the file I am working on, but it reappears and is getting progressively worse. I am also unable to copy within the document.

I have tried repairing the application, but it didn't help.

Has anyone experienced this and/or has any solutions?

Pamela Avalos
David Terhart

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:26
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Nobody seems to have these problems? Jun 27, 2019

Hm, it seems that this is not a common problem.

I never had any problems with Trados 2015, but since upgrading to 2019, especially after the last upgrade its dreadful.

It also seems copy/paste in the editor is not always working, now TM fails to update... I just feel littered with error messages and problems since changing to Trados 2019. Also termbase management is not working that well... and I don't think its just me.

I have sent a support message, but s
... See more
Hm, it seems that this is not a common problem.

I never had any problems with Trados 2015, but since upgrading to 2019, especially after the last upgrade its dreadful.

It also seems copy/paste in the editor is not always working, now TM fails to update... I just feel littered with error messages and problems since changing to Trados 2019. Also termbase management is not working that well... and I don't think its just me.

I have sent a support message, but somehow I feel quite upset by the prospect of signing up to a support contract and paying more to have a system sorted out that used to work well for me but since upgrading has cost me so much time and annoyance.
Collapse

Pamela Avalos
David Terhart

Pamela Avalos
Pamela Avalos
Chile
Local time: 20:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
It happens to me ALL THE TIME!! Jun 29, 2019

I have this problem repeatedly with SDL Trados Studio 2019, and it has really brought my productivity down. I can cut, copy and paste text with no problem, I can usually delete with no problem, but if I start typing the Editor will randomly freeze. There is nothing to do but save the project and reopen it. If it happens more than a couple of times Trados itself will freeze and can only be closed by forcing a shutdown through the Task Manager. I hardly dare to type any more! It takes me forever t... See more
I have this problem repeatedly with SDL Trados Studio 2019, and it has really brought my productivity down. I can cut, copy and paste text with no problem, I can usually delete with no problem, but if I start typing the Editor will randomly freeze. There is nothing to do but save the project and reopen it. If it happens more than a couple of times Trados itself will freeze and can only be closed by forcing a shutdown through the Task Manager. I hardly dare to type any more! It takes me forever to copy and paste into Trados, the only reason I keep using it is because I have dedicated extensive time and energy into my TMs and glossaries, and I keep hoping they will release a patch or something soon that will fix this issue. I upgraded from 2017 for free and I wish I could have 2017 back, but since the upgrade was free i has disappeared from my SDL page.

And I agree with you, it does seem to be getting progressively worse, and I have found no solution in the Knowledge Base or the Community Forums. I have literally spent hours trying to resolve this and have uninstalled and reinstalled the program more than once.

So here's two of us! I know there's more!
Collapse

David Terhart

David Terhart
David Terhart  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:26
Dutch to German
+ ...
Same here Sep 6, 2019

This is clearly a bug! I have already reported it here:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/19819/studio-2017-parameter-is-not-valid-error-after-update-to-v14-1-10013-37131
And if you g
... See more
This is clearly a bug! I have already reported it here:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/19819/studio-2017-parameter-is-not-valid-error-after-update-to-v14-1-10013-37131
And if you google it, you will find more occurrences:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/20709/repeated-error-message-parameter-not-valid
https://www.google.com/search?q=parameter%20is%20not%20valid%20trados%20studio

There's no real solution to the problem yet, only the profile reset workaround which does not help in my case (and resets all my customizations in Studio...).
Collapse

Yuki Okada
Yuki Okada  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:26
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
I have disabled AutoSuggest Jan 5, 2020

This happens to me often when I translate into English. I just found an update is available for Trados and installed it with some hope that this issue has been fixed. It wasn't. So I ended up disabling AutoSuggest and I don't see the problem any more.

Axel Aminoff
Cristina Lo Bianco

Cristina Lo Bianco
Cristina Lo Bianco  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:26
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Worked for me! Aug 27, 2023

Thank you very much!

Cristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2019 - Parameter not valid!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »