Open a single file for review in 2017
Thread poster: Daniela Slankamenac
Daniela Slankamenac
Daniela Slankamenac  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 16:39
English to Serbian
Jan 7, 2020

Hi, could anyone tell me how to open a single file for review in 2017? It used to be easy in 2014
(... open the sdlxliff as a single file project. This opens for translation, so press ctrl+s to create the project from this, close the file and then open again for review). This simple solution doesn't seem to be working for 2017 or I don't click the right buttons

Many thanks, have a nice and prosperous year!
... See more
Hi, could anyone tell me how to open a single file for review in 2017? It used to be easy in 2014
(... open the sdlxliff as a single file project. This opens for translation, so press ctrl+s to create the project from this, close the file and then open again for review). This simple solution doesn't seem to be working for 2017 or I don't click the right buttons

Many thanks, have a nice and prosperous year!

[Edited at 2020-01-07 15:02 GMT]
Collapse

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
English to German
Create new project Jan 7, 2020

Hi Daniela,

Maybe there is an easier method, but you can create a new project adding your file as usual (like creating a translation project). Then open it with a double click the project’s list, then right click on the file in the file view, select „Open for review“.

HTH.

Daniela Slankamenac
Serbia
English to Serbian
TOPIC STARTER
2017 Jan 7, 2020

Hi Silke, thanks for your comment. Yes, this is always an option, I was only hoping there was a simpler way. As I've mentioned, in 2014 it was enough just to press ctrl+s and that would create a project immediately. I can't believe they went one step backwards with 2017

Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:39
English to Russian
Ctrl+Shift+O Jan 8, 2020

The best option (if I understand correctly what you want to do): Right-click the file and select Translate in SDL Trados Studio.

Also, you can open the Welcome view in SDL Trados Studio 2017. Then drag and drop your file or browse for it on the computer. Alternatively, press Ctrl+Shift+O. You can change this combination by going to File->Options->Keyboard Shortcuts->Translate Single Document.

[Edited at 2020-01-08 05:41 GMT]

Anže Pintar

Daniela Slankamenac
Serbia
English to Serbian
TOPIC STARTER
@Vladimir Jan 8, 2020

Hi, Vladimir. Thank you for your reply. Are you sure this is the way to open a document for REVIEW, not for translation?

Daniela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open a single file for review in 2017

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »