Export for Bilingual review, then update from Bilingual review...in chunks?
Thread poster: Kean Hall
Kean Hall
Kean Hall
Italy
Local time: 20:01
Member (2018)
Italian to English
Feb 6, 2020

Hi...
I have a 56000 word tourist guide that I'm translating in Trados Studio 2017. The deadline is tight. The final outputted file will be in InDesign.
Proofreading will be done by my colleague, who does not have Trados.
In order to avoid giving him the whole finished file to proofread all in one go once the job is finished, we'd like to establish a "workflow" whereby I will send him chunks of the job to proofread every few days. In the meantime, I will be ploughing ahead with
... See more
Hi...
I have a 56000 word tourist guide that I'm translating in Trados Studio 2017. The deadline is tight. The final outputted file will be in InDesign.
Proofreading will be done by my colleague, who does not have Trados.
In order to avoid giving him the whole finished file to proofread all in one go once the job is finished, we'd like to establish a "workflow" whereby I will send him chunks of the job to proofread every few days. In the meantime, I will be ploughing ahead with the translation on Studio. He will then send me back the proofread chunk, inevitably with amendments, and I will import it back into Trados. Once we've finished this process I can then output the final finished file as an InDesign file.

Anyone got any suggestions for the best way to go about this, if indeed it's possible?

My title above is my first suggestion...could I use "Export for Bilingual review", keep only the section he needs to proofread (and delete everything else), send this suitably amended chunk to him, and then import his resulting file back into my .SDLXLIFF?? Sounds fraught with danger to me but I'm struggling to think of any alternatives...

Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance!
Kean
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export for Bilingual review, then update from Bilingual review...in chunks?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »