Brent Sørensen
Brent Sørensen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:16
Member (2016)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 9, 2020

I am working on an ongoing translation project. There is a TermBase for the project. Whenever I run verification on the terminology, I always get error messages for possible non-usage of the terms. Even if I completely delete a term and start typing the first letters so that it will auto-complete, I still get the message. I've even tried deleting the terms from the TermBase and adding them again. I still get the message. It's always the same few terms that are giving me problems. These terms are... See more
I am working on an ongoing translation project. There is a TermBase for the project. Whenever I run verification on the terminology, I always get error messages for possible non-usage of the terms. Even if I completely delete a term and start typing the first letters so that it will auto-complete, I still get the message. I've even tried deleting the terms from the TermBase and adding them again. I still get the message. It's always the same few terms that are giving me problems. These terms are used quite frequently in the texts. I always end up getting many false positives when I run verification. It's quite time consuming to check them all. A few times I have even missed legitimate errors. Is there any way I can stop getting these false positives.

On a related note:
Sometimes the texts have many URLs that are not supposed to be translated. These URLs sometimes contain terms from the TermBase. Again I end up getting false positives in verification. Is there any way to have the verification ignore target segments that are identical to the source?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Continually getting false positives when verifying terminology

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »