Export error: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
Thread poster: Vladimir Leviev
Vladimir Leviev
Vladimir Leviev
Bulgaria
Local time: 14:52
Feb 21, 2020

Hi all.

In short, I've downloaded an .xlf file, successfully imported it in Studio, successfully worked on it. Now I need to supply a 1k sample for evaluation, and when I try to export the target from Studio, I get that error.

Here is the full text from the error log:

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c5
... See more
Hi all.

In short, I've downloaded an .xlf file, successfully imported it in Studio, successfully worked on it. Now I need to supply a 1k sample for evaluation, and when I try to export the target from Studio, I get that error.

Here is the full text from the error log:

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

mscorlib
b__f(ISdlXliffStreamContentHandler handler)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.ContinueScanning()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ContinueParsing()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseNext()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.NativeFileGenerator.GenerateFiles(ContentRestriction restriction, Boolean preview, Int32 filePercentBase, Int32 filePercentFactor)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.GenerateTargetTranslation.ExportFilesTask.ProcessFile(IExecutingTaskFile executingTaskFile)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.AbstractFileLevelAutomaticTaskImplementation.Execute()]]>

I suspect the issue is with the actual xlf file, and not with SDL, however the client says the cannot provide any help, since they don't work with or support SDL products (fail enough). My issue is that otherwise the whole project would have to be completed in XTM Cloud, which is probably the worst CAT suite I've ever encountered...

Any help would be welcome.

[Edited at 2020-02-21 09:58 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export error: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »