Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 16:15
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 9, 2020

Hi Experts,

I have Trados Studio 2015 and Windows 7. I'd appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1. I frequently remove the TMs from the list of TMs which are shown as removed but when I visit the list after 15 minutes, I find that the TMs are still there and not actually removed. How I can remove the TMs permanently from the list?

2. I want to change the name shown on changes made by me by activating the Track Changes feature to a sdlxfil
... See more
Hi Experts,

I have Trados Studio 2015 and Windows 7. I'd appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1. I frequently remove the TMs from the list of TMs which are shown as removed but when I visit the list after 15 minutes, I find that the TMs are still there and not actually removed. How I can remove the TMs permanently from the list?

2. I want to change the name shown on changes made by me by activating the Track Changes feature to a sdlxfile which is sent to me for proofreading. I have successfully changed the name of my computer but the old name is still shown when I place the cursor on such changes. How I can change this name?

3. Sometimes, I feel after translating a project containing multiple files that a phrase should have been translated differently and I have to open each and every file and then use Find and Replace option to change that phrase in all of the files. Is there any feature by virtue of which it can be done swiftly?

4. At times, some of the clients send me the QA reports and I am required to make changes as per suggestions made or inconsistencies mentioned in those reports. The clients require that I should implement those changes immediately which is not always possible due to earlier commitments. Therefore, I want to make such QA reports on my own so as to check and resolve certain issues before delivering the job to client. Can this software be downloaded from somewhere?

I look forward to your valuable suggestions.

Thanks and regards,

Chopra
Collapse

TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 11:45
English to Polish
+ ...
Ad. 3 Mar 10, 2020

Hi, there,

As for no 3. I think in App Store, there was an application for gluing and then splitting files to make changes in multiple files, although I am not sure if it was for Trados 2015. Also, if you have MemoQ you can upload files there and "Create view" to see and update all files.

K.

Rajan Chopra

Robin LEPLUMEY
Robin LEPLUMEY
France
Local time: 11:45
English to French
+ ...
About 3. and 4. Mar 10, 2020

chopra_2002 wrote:
3. Sometimes, I feel after translating a project containing multiple files that a phrase should have been translated differently and I have to open each and every file and then use Find and Replace option to change that phrase in all of the files. Is there any feature by virtue of which it can be done swiftly?

If your project has a large number of files, you don't have to open them one by one manually. In your project, select all files, right-click and select Open for Translation. All the files open in a single view (just like the Views in memoQ). Then, you can use Find and Replace on all of them.

4. At times, some of the clients send me the QA reports and I am required to make changes as per suggestions made or inconsistencies mentioned in those reports. The clients require that I should implement those changes immediately which is not always possible due to earlier commitments. Therefore, I want to make such QA reports on my own so as to check and resolve certain issues before delivering the job to client. Can this software be downloaded from somewhere?

I always use Xbench to create QA reports after completing a project. You can download the 2.9 version for free here: https://www.xbench.net/index.php/download

Go to Project > Properties, add your sdlxliff files, then open the QA tab, check the boxes needed and click Check Ongoing Translation.

Also, you can use the QA feature in Studio, which can be found in the Review tab > Verify.

Rajan Chopra

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 16:15
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much... Mar 10, 2020

for your informative and detailed reply.

Thanks and regards,

Chopra

Robin LEPLUMEY wrote:

chopra_2002 wrote:

If your project has a large number of files, you don't have to open them one by one manually. In your project, select all files, right-click and select Open for Translation. All the files open in a single view (just like the Views in memoQ). Then, you can use Find and Replace on all of them.

I always use Xbench to create QA reports after completing a project. You can download the 2.9 version for free here: https://www.xbench.net/index.php/download

Go to Project > Properties, add your sdlxliff files, then open the QA tab, check the boxes needed and click Check Ongoing Translation.

Also, you can use the QA feature in Studio, which can be found in the Review tab > Verify.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

4 questions about Trados Studio

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »