Spamalot
Austria
Local time: 23:05
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2020

Hello,
I have created projects in Trados Studio 2019 many time with and without subfolders. Now, I'm not sure it is supposed to be that way because I also receive a lot of Packages from clients with and without subfolders, so I might actually be confusing packages with projects but: when I add folders or I create a project with separate folders for, e.g. different deadlines, the file view in Trados shows me the individual files that are supposed to be in the folders also in the "root direc
... See more
Hello,
I have created projects in Trados Studio 2019 many time with and without subfolders. Now, I'm not sure it is supposed to be that way because I also receive a lot of Packages from clients with and without subfolders, so I might actually be confusing packages with projects but: when I add folders or I create a project with separate folders for, e.g. different deadlines, the file view in Trados shows me the individual files that are supposed to be in the folders also in the "root directory" of the project. Say, I have "Project April" and in it the subfolders "0409" and "01419" for different deadlines, the files of "0409" are --- which is the super irritating thing -- **also** shown directly under "Project April". I thought when using folders in a project that the files would show only in the folders (sort of the point to me). And I thought that is how it used to be here on my computer. Is there a way that I can get Trados to display files that are kept in folders in projects in those folders only and not in the root project directory?
Thanks for any input!!!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Spam Apr 7, 2020

spamalot wrote:
Is there a way that I can get Trados to display files that are kept in folders in projects in those folders only and not in the root project directory?

On the Files pane (on the left), if you click the line with the project icon, and you have "include subfolders" enabled at the bottom of the pane, the file list (on the right) will show all files in the entire project. If you have "include subfolders" enabled but you open the folder tree (assuming there is a folder tree) by clicking on the "+" icons to open the tree (below the project name but above "My Tasks"), and you click on a subfolder, the file list shows only files in that folder (and all of that folder's subfolders). Alternatively, if you disable "include subfolders", the file list will only ever show the files that are in the selected folder (and not any of its subfolders or any of the other folders). Does this answer your question?

subfolders in trados files pane

[Edited at 2020-04-07 07:28 GMT]

Robin LEPLUMEY
Aline Amorim

Spamalot
Spamalot
Austria
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS! Apr 13, 2020

Dear Sam,
I only just found your response --- great many thanks! (blushing smiley)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subfolders in projects

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »