anushree1403
anushree1403
India
Local time: 16:29
German to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2020

Hi All,
I am new to SDL Trados 2019. After exporting the file for bilingual review, the formatting tags are substituted by numbers e.g. and so on. Is there a way to retain the tags in the bilingual file?
I cannot identify whether the word as bold, italics or underlined.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:59
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@anushree Jul 9, 2020

anushree1403 wrote:
After exporting the file for Bilingual Review, the formatting tags are substituted by numbers e.g. and so on. Is there a way to retain the tags in the bilingual file? I cannot identify whether the word as bold, italics or underlined.

I know exactly what you mean, and I don't know of any way to get those tags to show their real values in the Bilingual Review file. MemoQ is much better in this regard, as you can choose to show the full tag in Bilingual Review.

[Edited at 2020-07-09 15:11 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Formatting tags missing in bilingual file in SDL Trados 2019

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »