Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:38
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Jul 17, 2020

Hello,

is it possible to delete all entries for a selected language in Multiterm?

Au customer has given me huge databases containing all sorts of languages I have no use of. It would make the database lighter if I could remove all the languages I don't need.

Thanks in advance,
Geneviève

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:38
German to English
Use Microsoft Access Jul 17, 2020

Several years ago a customer supplied me with a multilingual Multiterm database. I ascertained that the files were based on MS Access, and asked a friend who used Access to delete the languages. I don't recall the exact procedure, but it was apparently easy – it took just a few keystrokes to select the columns containing the extraneous languages. I then reimported the remaining file into a new Multiterm db.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:38
English to Russian
Try Google Jul 17, 2020

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/multiterm/14189/is-it-possible-to-remove-a-language-from-a-multiterm-term-base

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting all the entry for a language in a Multiterm database

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »