Trados 2017 Error: "system out of memory exception" on Convert to Translatable Format step
Thread poster: Bahadır Ahıska
Bahadır Ahıska
Bahadır Ahıska
Türkiye
Local time: 04:26
Member (2020)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 10, 2020

Hi all,

When preparing a new project with Studio 2017, it gives error in "Convert to Translatable Format" step. First it takes more than 30 minutes to handle then it gives "system out of memory exception" error. Is there anyone that can help me?

Bahadir

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2020-08-10 15:07 GMT]

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 01:26
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Maybe it can be of help: Aug 10, 2020

See more
https://por.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/304906-[solved]_[studio_2015]_stuck_at_convert_to_translatable_format_while_creating_project.html?text=[Solved]%20[Studio%202015]%20Stuck%20at%20"Convert%20to%20Translatable%20Format"%20while%20creating%20project%20(SDL%20Trados%20support)

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/6049/docx-file-does-not-convert-to-translatable-format

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/6049/docx-file-does-not-convert-to-translatable-format

Are you sure your file is not a bilingual file? Sometimes this can give you a headache.
Collapse

DZiW (X)

Bahadır Ahıska
Bahadır Ahıska
Türkiye
Local time: 04:26
Member (2020)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 10, 2020

OK Thank you, I will try it. The number of the files is quite big. Maybe that is the reason. I will divide them and try again.

expressisverbis

Reea-Silvia Podeanu
Reea-Silvia Podeanu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 03:26
English to Romanian
+ ...
This is what I did... Jul 10, 2021

I know this is an old thread but i post this here just in case somebody will look for solutions.

I just had the same problem with my Trados and I had a big pptx that my Trados refused to save. So I have created a copy of the original pptx file and split the file in three, actually I created three new pptx files and copied a third of the content in each of them and then created a Trados project and put the three files in the same project with TM... and it worked like a charm.
<
... See more
I know this is an old thread but i post this here just in case somebody will look for solutions.

I just had the same problem with my Trados and I had a big pptx that my Trados refused to save. So I have created a copy of the original pptx file and split the file in three, actually I created three new pptx files and copied a third of the content in each of them and then created a Trados project and put the three files in the same project with TM... and it worked like a charm.

In case that would not have worked I intended to create three projects, one for each pptx file and it would have worked anyway. This is another solution for working with big files. When I will finish I will paste the content of all three files together in the original file and everything will be just fine. So far it is saving my project without any problems.

I have a lot of RAM but i do not know why this time Trados thought the file was too big for it. Anyway, if you try this, it will work. Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 Error: "system out of memory exception" on Convert to Translatable Format step

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »