Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:19
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 20, 2020

Hi everyone!

Does anyone else have trouble with the Studio NMT function today?

It worked fine yesterday, but today I cannot even select the option "generic" on the language cloud.

I know you have a certain limit of free characters each month, but there´s no way I´ve exceeded this. I´ve used it a lot more in other months and rarely got over it.

There used to be a graphic also when you log into your account with SDL, to see how much you´ve us
... See more
Hi everyone!

Does anyone else have trouble with the Studio NMT function today?

It worked fine yesterday, but today I cannot even select the option "generic" on the language cloud.

I know you have a certain limit of free characters each month, but there´s no way I´ve exceeded this. I´ve used it a lot more in other months and rarely got over it.

There used to be a graphic also when you log into your account with SDL, to see how much you´ve used up, but even that seems to have disappeared.

I´m just trying to figure out if the problem is at my end or if there´s a general problem, and others experiencing the some trouble.

Thanks, Manuela
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Submit a Language Cloud Case Nov 20, 2020

https://gateway.sdl.com/webtocaselcmt
It works fine here.
When I had issues I was given this address in the SDL forum and their support took care of it in 1-2 days.
Good luck!
if you need something in the meanwhile you can try MyMemory plugin, the free plan is not the best but does the job.

[Edited at 2020-11-20 11:15 GMT]

Manuela Junghans
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Elena Nov 20, 2020

Many thanks for your suggestions. I´ve already submitted a support case, but 1-2 days would be too long, as I have a deadline coming up.

What is the MyMemory plugin (for the free plan)?

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
link Nov 20, 2020

https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/mymemory/337/

They offer access to a big translation memory and to machine translation. You need to install the plugin from the app store (link above) and then add it as a memory. I prefer SDL but sometimes it doesn't work.

[Edited at 2020-11-20 11:36 GMT]

Manuela Junghans
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again, Elena Nov 20, 2020

Support has been super fast and it´s sorted. It was a glitch at their end in relation to my account...

Elena Feriani

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2019 NMT not working?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »