Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:56
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Nov 24, 2020

I just upgraded to Studio 2021, and to my surprise it does not work with 2014 Studio TM server of one of my clients.

It connects to the TM, but brings no results.

Does this has a solution?

Thanks!

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 23:56
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Access controlled by permissions? Nov 25, 2020

Please check if this discussion helps you to find the cause of your problem:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/31329/problem-with-working-server-based-tm-i-work-with-2021-and-customer-with-2019

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:56
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The issue is due to incompatibility Nov 25, 2020

SDL are saying that Studio 2021 is not compatible with 2014 server.
Actually, they are throwing the responsibility on the freelancer, instead of finding a solution.
I'm sure that they can create a patch or some app to solve this quite easily, but probably they want to force agencies that use old versions to upgrade.

Here is
... See more
SDL are saying that Studio 2021 is not compatible with 2014 server.
Actually, they are throwing the responsibility on the freelancer, instead of finding a solution.
I'm sure that they can create a patch or some app to solve this quite easily, but probably they want to force agencies that use old versions to upgrade.

Here is my discussion with them:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/32333/i-just-upgraded-to-studio-2021-and-it-is-not-working-with-2015-server/
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 23:56
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I see... Nov 25, 2020

Not throwing the responsibility to the freelancer but to clients or agencies, I believe.
If your client has a maintenance contract as Paul says, they might sort the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2021 not working with 2014 server

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »