Thread poster: Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Brazil
Local time: 11:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 20, 2020

After downloading the Studio 2021 upgrade the AT doesn't work anymore. Access to external servers, as googlemt.https://translation.googleapis.com are nowhere to be found. So I've paid to have access to SLD Language Cloud, which does not work, and they have turned down the access to the Google server without notice. So I've speny a good deal of money to end up with an actual Olivetti typewriter instead of a CAT tool (disguised). Oh, my...

Yossi Rozenman

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:03
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Also no Studio Server 2015 version anymore Dec 20, 2020

After upgrading to Studio 2021 I discovered that I cannot connect anymore to Studio Server 2015 version, which some of my clients still use.

According to SDL, I should have read the "small letters"...

Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)

Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not a serious business Dec 21, 2020

Albeit nowadays a big business, their "technical team" are a bunch of 5 friends in Romania deluded that "Romania is the new Silicon Valley" (according to themselves in an e-mail sent to me). They are neither polite nor professional. They aim at new features (good for marketing), but not on "caring for their baby", so the diapers are always dirty, the baby cries the whole time and starves. But this does not show up in the photos, isn't it true? So translators and translation agencies which buy th... See more
Albeit nowadays a big business, their "technical team" are a bunch of 5 friends in Romania deluded that "Romania is the new Silicon Valley" (according to themselves in an e-mail sent to me). They are neither polite nor professional. They aim at new features (good for marketing), but not on "caring for their baby", so the diapers are always dirty, the baby cries the whole time and starves. But this does not show up in the photos, isn't it true? So translators and translation agencies which buy their product are trapped for, having spent a lot of money they just don't want to let it go, but they are totally forsaken in their working needs. And then they plainly offer you a refund, after floading the industry with this counterfeit CAT tool that brings more problems than solutions but presents itself as THE solution for the industry. They couldn't care less about their customers. And the unfortunate translators/translation agencies who fell into the trap are stuck. Back to the Olivetti, at least they are polite and professional, and their product does work according to specifications.Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:03
English to Russian
Good luck — you'll need much luck if you want to sort out your issues Dec 22, 2020

When I tried to question SDL Trados Studio 2021 functionality on SDL Community site, I was blamed for moaning. To Paul Filkin's credit it was not him. To SDL's regret it was one of their beta testers.

Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Dra. Carla Vorsatz (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
We've been misled Dec 22, 2020

Nothing to do about it. When you deal with people with no moral neither ethical principles, that's the price to pay.

[Edited at 2020-12-22 12:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After SDL Studio upgrade no AT anymore

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »