How can I revert to previous versions of my SDL Groupshare server project files?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 09:16
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 21, 2021

I had translated around 9 percent on this big project when I suddenly the next minute saw how it had changed to 95 percent. I checked the confirmed MTPE segments, and they still were unedited. Perhaps I mistakenly pressed some shortcut combination and had almost all remaining segments batch confirmed.

I stopped after this, and noted the time this happened and reported to my customer, asking if they could revert back to a previous version. I will see if they reply tomorrow Monday mor
... See more
I had translated around 9 percent on this big project when I suddenly the next minute saw how it had changed to 95 percent. I checked the confirmed MTPE segments, and they still were unedited. Perhaps I mistakenly pressed some shortcut combination and had almost all remaining segments batch confirmed.

I stopped after this, and noted the time this happened and reported to my customer, asking if they could revert back to a previous version. I will see if they reply tomorrow Monday morning. Each time I save, the files get saved to their server, but shouldn't there be backups of previous versions on their server?

Or is there any other way of reverting back to a previous version of each file?

I could use the original files and have them translated from the translation memory perhaps.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I revert to previous versions of my SDL Groupshare server project files?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »